Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today My Son Was born, 8lbs 2oz 20 3/4" @ 2:03 PM 5-22-05

I Am so stoked, it has been a totally surreal day.

here are a few picks for those that have been waiting.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Congratulations my man, best of luck to you with the new addition.

·
Registered
943 Posts
CONGRATS!!!! Thats awsome man.. Good luck on the road ahead.. And not to sound like a broken record but get some sleep!!!! ..

Scott

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Ah, a new father! Congrats!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Congratulations and best wishes to you and your family. Your wife seems to be in pretty good shape for someone who just gave birth to an 8lb 2oz baby! (Or maybe, it was just the drugs ;)) What was the APGAR? Did you get to cut the cord?

When my daughter was born, it was the most amazing thing that has ever happened to me... really changed the way I looked at life, and gave it meaning. I used to think 6-12 month plans were long range... now it's more like 10 and 20 year plans... money for college, financial security, etc.

A good friend told me something just prior to my daughter's birth, I found it true and so I'll pass it along to you:
"Having a child won't change your life more than you imagine... it will change your life more than you can imagine!"
:D

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
I thought about making some smart ass comment here, but instead I will just congradulate you. Good luck.

I come from a family of all boys, so I garauntee I will have girls. At least you have some idea of what to do. Then again if I ever do have a girl her toys will be hot wheels and wrenches.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Oh, one other thing I forgot to mention regarding baby boys.... BEWARE when changing diapers that you don't get a face full of pee.... they can let loose at the most unexpected times. Not a problem with girls ;)

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
congrats! must be exciting. i'm not too far off from being where you are! gonna get to work on the honeymoon...

·
Registered
451 Posts
SatredL said:
Congrats on the baby boy, put a shift knob in his hands now!
Little Ron Jr. is probably a little too young and lacks the coordination to shift gears. He can, however, start training! Burnout 3 may be a good place to start before working up to Forza Motorsports or Gran Turismo 4... ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
296 Posts
Icon said:
Little Ron Jr. is probably a little too young and lacks the coordination to shift gears. He can, however, start training! Burnout 3 may be a good place to start before working up to Forza Motorsports or Gran Turismo 4... ;)
All joking aside, if you do want your son to get a head start in using computers once he's able to situp okay (roughly 6 months), try to locate an older (DOS) program called "Keyboard Banger." Basically, no matter what keys your son hits, the pc monitor will respond with the sound of the letter, some graphics, etc. Later, it gets into basic spelling (dog, cat, go, etc.) and sounds out the letters, and then the words as they get spelled out. The big thing is the program gets the baby to associate hitting/using the keyboard, and getting some kind of response on the monitor and speakers... and then learn that what key they hit controls what kind of response the computer makes. Great way to start them out.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey DaytonaGTS,
Congratulations on the baby boy. Like everybody else has said get all the sleep you can, you'll need it!!!!

Good thing I posponed my trip down.

All the best to you, your wifw And the little bundle of joy.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts