Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
said there is another ECU update available, already got one just after xmas. Anyone else gotten a call about this or know about it?

·
Registered
141 Posts
What does it entail? Can we get it if we have the 04? How much is it? I can't ask my dealer about anything because they don't know anything about what upgrades we can get for the car like the Comp. Package. But I would like the ECU... but how much is it and when can we get it?

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its free, covered under warrentee, and we have an 04

just a regular software update, shoulda said software and not ECU update I guess, my bad :)

·
Registered
399 Posts
What exactly does this do? Do we have to contact the dealer, or is this going to be for all '04 cars and they will contact us?

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fineline said:
What exactly does this do? Do we have to contact the dealer, or is this going to be for all '04 cars and they will contact us?
I was contacted because I personally know the sales manager, I beleive its something they will do whenever you next bring it in for service, but call em, they should do it for ya if ya ask them too.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Cool, thanks for the info. I have to take mine in anyway because the trunk release won't work so I will ask about this too.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Fineline said:
Cool, thanks for the info. I have to take mine in anyway because the trunk release won't work so I will ask about this too.

make sure that you dont have the red switch on the inside of the trunk flipped.....that could be why its not working.

·
Registered
399 Posts
xtremesc2 said:
make sure that you dont have the red switch on the inside of the trunk flipped.....that could be why its not working.
Had no idea there was a switch in the trunk, bet thats what the problem is most likely.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
yeah, the switch on the other side of the trunk latch on the lid. if its switched it makes it so that the ONLY way you can open the trunk is with a key.

try it out, id put money that that might be it. i hope so.

good luck

·
Registered
141 Posts
haunter said:
its free, covered under warrentee, and we have an 04

just a regular software update, shoulda said software and not ECU update I guess, my bad :)
What does it include? And i havnt gotten the other update that you were talking about.. do i need that one too? what do i get when i get the updates?

B

·
0 Posts
I asked my dealership about an upgrade. They had no idea what I was talking about. All I know is that my "dealership" service people are a bunch of rude assholes. I am taking my car in, again for the 6th time, tomorrow. I am going to ask to have a District Manager call me. I am sick of being treated like a moron. I'll tell you what, I don't think the service guys even know what they are doing on the Red Line. No one can answer my questions properly and I get this blank stare from them. :confused:

I understand about 1st year vehicles, but this is rediculous. They can't even fix a squeaky back seat. I guess they thought Scotch tape would do the trick. I don't think so. I had my EPS module replaced, and it still pulls left. I am almost at the end of my rope with this car. The interior is rattling and parts have fallen off. Don't get me wrong, I love my car, but it is a big hassle. I do not have the time to keep taking my car back to the dealership once or twice a week.

·
Registered
307 Posts
blue_arcade said:
I asked my dealership about an upgrade. They had no idea what I was talking about. All I know is that my "dealership" service people are a bunch of rude assholes. I am taking my car in, again for the 6th time, tomorrow. I am going to ask to have a District Manager call me. I am sick of being treated like a moron. I'll tell you what, I don't think the service guys even know what they are doing on the Red Line. No one can answer my questions properly and I get this blank stare from them. :confused:

I understand about 1st year vehicles, but this is rediculous. They can't even fix a squeaky back seat. I guess they thought Scotch tape would do the trick. I don't think so. I had my EPS module replaced, and it still pulls left. I am almost at the end of my rope with this car. The interior is rattling and parts have fallen off. Don't get me wrong, I love my car, but it is a big hassle. I do not have the time to keep taking my car back to the dealership once or twice a week.
That's exactly what you should do. I am glad I don't have to put up what that shit at my dealership. BTW how old are you? Believe it or not if your young they probably think you'll put up with it.......PROVE THEM WRONG! BTW did you car start pullin to the left after the module was replaced and by chance did you rotate the tires?...After my first rotate mine pulled to the right......the guys tried EVERYTHING. Finally the head tech said "we'll replace the 2 front tires. They did and no more problems. One or both tires were decfective. No hassle, they just did it. Good luck. Barry

B

·
0 Posts
I am 33, Barry.

It doesn't matter how old someone is. I bought the car from them. They need to treat me with a little more respect. To answer your question, it pulled left probably from the beginning. Since they replaced the EPS it still wants to drift to the left at higher speeds. Last week when I took it in, the service tech who installed it 2 weeks ago went on a test drive with me. He said he couldn't feel any pull. That's funny, I could from the passenger's seat. I have had the car for just under 2 months.

I will remain calm when I am there tomorrow, if that service manager doesn't give me crap. I still want to talk to a DM though.

Man, I am frustrated. :mad:

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
BlckRdln04 said:
What does it include? And i havnt gotten the other update that you were talking about.. do i need that one too? what do i get when i get the updates?

nah this one should override the older one I am sure

I am so glad to have up to date guys at my dealer

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
Barry said:
After my first rotate mine pulled to the right......the guys tried EVERYTHING. Finally the head tech said "we'll replace the 2 front tires. They did and no more problems. One or both tires were decfective. No hassle, they just did it. Good luck. Barry
Did they try to align the veh? Mine pulls to the left as well and I have rotated my tires already. Next thing to do is an alignment. Anyone else having this problem?

·
Registered
86 Posts
haunter said:
said there is another ECU update available, already got one just after xmas. Anyone else gotten a call about this or know about it?
does anyone no if this is for the 05 R/L or just the 04's?

i have to take mine to the dealer on monday.it sounds like wind is comming from the drivers side of the windshield. but its not wind,when i push in the clutch it stops, until i release the clutch.

·
Registered
189 Posts
rlinbatonrouge said:
Did they try to align the veh? Mine pulls to the left as well and I have rotated my tires already. Next thing to do is an alignment. Anyone else having this problem?

I am having the same pulling to the left problem and it has been aligned + I only have 9k mile on it and it should not be doing this. I don't mind though before this car I had a spec-v and that son-of-gun really pull to the left due to torque steer. However, a lot of people seem to be having this problem so obviously something is wrong.

I don't notice it when I take off but but when I am up to speed.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
haunter said:
nah this one should override the older one I am sure

I am so glad to have up to date guys at my dealer
What does the upgrade include? does it have power gains? what is included in the ECU upgrade?

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
BlckRdln04 said:
What does the upgrade include? does it have power gains? what is included in the ECU upgrade?

no idea to tell ya the truth

I doubt it really does much for power

1 - 20 of 33 Posts