Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any way to get rid of them and still have working signals?

PLEASE refrain from giving opinions on whether they work or not, or decrease accidents or anything like that. PLEASE no ghetto solutions like leaving the park brake set or turning on the parking lights instead.

· Registered
4,352 Posts
well yes you could get rid of them i have done it on many occasions for people. how much electrcal backround do you have and how do feel about messing with your cars wiring? answer that then we can get into how its done. i dont like giving out info to someone who could or will mess thier car up, i just wouldn't feel right about it.

· Premium Member
3,231 Posts
parking brake switch. It has to be modified. But you will get a warning chime because it thinks its on. From there you have to disable the chime. But you will still have a warning light on all the time.

· Registered
4,352 Posts
no you woln't. cut the wire use a relay from ignition to trigger the circut so it thinks it is still working properly send second wire like normal from the original to the brake switch to turn off the chime. it really easy but i hate when i get these cars in with the harness all chopped up so i discourage it unless you can work with relays. ill post a diagram if you are interested in doing it

· Registered
4,352 Posts
send me a pm with your email ill send you some info. i cant post any info here about air bags because in fl it is against the law on any newer car to disconnect them now even if you are putting in a new steering wheel i cant put any info here in the forum on this

· Registered
352 Posts
yea dissconnect the air bags, seatbelts, steering linkage, brakes, and 1 plug wire. Then see how many trees we can hit on the way some where.... What are we doing running from the law lol!!!

· Registered
4,352 Posts
well i have my airbags dico'ed because i put a momo wheel in mine so it can be done your just not supposed to do it.

· Registered
4,352 Posts
Do Not Test For This Wire With A Test Light Very Important!!!!

hey black the only problem with that is you may cause a leakage problem through ground. on some cars doing it this way can a) cause the battery to go dead after an extended parking of a few days or more, or b) cause an eventual problem with the bcm. you are basically sending a constant ground into a circut that should be switched. again just so you all know i used to make microchips for ibm and reapir robots at the east fishkill , ny facility for ibm. i am a master mecp (mobile elctronics certification) certified tech and it may not cause either of these but that is a chance you are taking i have seen it happen on many cars before with new techs that i have hired and though they new everything so they didnt check with me first. also NEVER EVER EVER USE A STANDARD TEST LIGHT ON A BCM CONTROLLED CAR TO TEST FOR THIS WIRE!!!!!!! THIS IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. YOU CAN AND USUALLY WILL CAUSE IREVERSABLE DAMAGE AND FRY YOUR BCM!!!!!!!!! I HAVE SEEN NEW INSTALLERS DO THIS MANY MANY TIMES BEFORE. EITHER USE A COMPUTER SAFE LIGHT OR A MULTI METER TO TEST ANYHTING ON THE BCM

· Registered
290 Posts
Thats good to know z. a couple months after i did it my car was going dead like every week or every two weeks. i wonder if this is what caused it. but i also knew that my power door lock switched was not plugged in behind the door panel, after i plugged it in it didnt go dead. i then traded it in a few weeks after.

· Registered
4,352 Posts
na the lock switch not being plugged in wouldn't do it. i see this often when kids bring their cars in they tried to wire themselves and couldnt do it. i pull of the panels and usually find something unplugged here and there.

· Registered
4,352 Posts
well i guess it could but i would still use a relay when its on to isolate the circuit better safe than buying a new bcm right???

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm not an expert or anything but I'm comfortable working with wires. Post up a diagram with wire colors and locations so I can see exactly how involved it is. Thanx for the help.

· Registered
4,352 Posts
Get This I Was Contaced Via Email , Dont Know How They Got My Email!!!!!!!!!!!! By Someone At Saturn Yes This Is True!!!!! Asking To Please Not Post Information On How To Do This!!!!! They Said They Could And Would Pursue This If I Posted A Visual Diagram Of How To Disconnect The Drl's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I Cant F'in Believe This Crap I Might Just To Spite Them But Dont Want Them To Come After Me For It. I Think This Is Bs!!!!!!!! And They Explained Further If Any Of The Cars Came Into The Local Dealerships Where I Am Located And They Did Not Have Them Running The Dealers Are (supposedly) Insturcted To Tell Them And Will Contact Me Again.

You Have Got To Be Kidding Me!!!!!

· Superd00d
22,045 Posts
zfactor said:
Get This I Was Contaced Via Email , Dont Know How They Got My Email!!!!!!!!!!!! By Someone At Saturn Yes This Is True!!!!! Asking To Please Not Post Information On How To Do This!!!!! They Said They Could And Would Pursue This If I Posted A Visual Diagram Of How To Disconnect The Drl's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I Cant F'in Believe This Crap I Might Just To Spite Them But Dont Want Them To Come After Me For It. I Think This Is Bs!!!!!!!! And They Explained Further If Any Of The Cars Came Into The Local Dealerships Where I Am Located And They Did Not Have Them Running The Dealers Are (supposedly) Insturcted To Tell Them And Will Contact Me Again.

You Have Got To Be Kidding Me!!!!!
That's complete BS, what are they gonna do? Take your fingerprints? Bunch of crap... they have no idea who does it.

· Registered
4,352 Posts
i wsih i could say but the email i got was not from corporate. i just called them and talked to them, so im thinking it is from the dealership here??? or another one?? but how did they get my email address?? it is not posted in my profile here. they would have to get it from a mod or admin??? thats what i want to know!!!!! i know they cant really do anything but i want to know how the hell they got my email

any ideas on how they got it let me know i am quite pissed at the time!!!

· Superd00d
22,045 Posts
Havent you posted your email in some forum messages? I thought so, maybe not. Have you told anyone your email in PMs? I smell something here... we need a more 'private' forum...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.