Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a quick search and didn't find this topic. When it comes to mechanics, I can figure anything out. When it comes to bodywork...idiot (unless it can be fixed with a rubber mallet, then I'm good).

What is the best techhnique in removing the RL badge off of the truck w/o damagine the paint?

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
weasel_j66 said:
I did a quick search and didn't find this topic. When it comes to mechanics, I can figure anything out. When it comes to bodywork...idiot (unless it can be fixed with a rubber mallet, then I'm good).

What is the best techhnique in removing the RL badge off of the truck w/o damagine the paint?

They are only stuck on there with double sided tape.

Take a hair dryer and heat the badge up and it pulls off rather easily.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Man grab the corner and pull it off, they fall off on there own some times.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
weasel_j66 said:
When it comes to mechanics, I can figure anything out. When it comes to bodywork...idiot (unless it can be fixed with a rubber mallet, then I'm good).
I'm with ya there....

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
The trunk emblem is glued on, the hood emblem is glued and pressed in (pop the hood and you'll see the tabs) and I believe that the fender emblems are just pressed in.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Anybody seen if the fenders and hood can be filled, or covered after being debadged? I would like to completely debadge it but haven't had time to talk to my paint and body work friend.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
A couple people on here have done it. Someone actually filled the Saturn emblem on the bumper. Of course you would have to use body filler and would have to repaint it. It's a bit of a project. I would do it if I had the time/skill to get it done. The fender emblems irritate the hell out of me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts