Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This car is my sole means of transportation and it's slowly getting worse. Stuttering or jerking on acceleration is and has been the main symptom. Changing out spark plugs worked for a couple months then symptoms returned. Also in that time I could afford premium gas but that all slipped away like a thief in the night. Changed out plugs again but only took care of it for a week. Jerking happens throughout all rooms with an occasional evening out if I keep it steady. Injectors seem to be spraying well on all 4 sites. Air filter good. New fuel filter. Codes are P0304 and P0326

·
Super Moderator
1,557 Posts
I think you have, but have you moved cylinder 4 coil pack to another cylinder to see of the misfired moves?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I understand how to move the coil pack but unsure of how to determine from there. Clear codes then operate normally and recheck code?

·
Super Moderator
1,557 Posts
Pretty much.
What it will do, if it's a bad coil, the misfire will follow that coil.
So if its on 4 now, and you move it to 1, and the misfire moves to 1, then the coil is bad.
If it doesnt, then youre looking at a plug, wiring, injector, or fuel pressure

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gotcha. Thank ya much. Will see. Hope I have room to move them with the wires being at length to each

·
Registered
1 Posts
This car is my sole means of transportation and it's slowly getting worse. Stuttering or jerking on acceleration is and has been the main symptom. Changing out spark plugs worked for a couple months then symptoms returned. Also in that time I could afford premium gas but that all slipped away like a thief in the night. Changed out plugs again but only took care of it for a week. Jerking happens throughout all rooms with an occasional evening out if I keep it steady. Injectors seem to be spraying well on all 4 sites. Air filter good. New fuel filter. Codes are P0304 and P0326
Try cleaning the throttle body.

·
Super Moderator
1,557 Posts
Gotcha. Thank ya much. Will see. Hope I have room to move them with the wires being at length to each
Theyre just clipped in, easy to unplug and move

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Went into advanced auto to price a single coil pack? Or coil? Anyway he said 86-- must be something off here. Newbie or something?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
So I swept the plugs unhook the battery for a few minutes and drove it to AutoZone I got a p0603. Do I have to replace the module? Is my best bet taking it to a dealer and having them tinker with it? I really don't have the money for this. Also there was a P0301. I'm just praying that driving with this misfire didn't damage my car beyond repair. Damaging the catcon among other things. It looks like maybe if I nail down this misfire somehow the other code will go away? If only I could be so lucky. I really like my redline and do not want to part ways yet. We just met a minute ago...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Boy. I just realized I'm posting in circles. What a friggin dick. Sorry if anybody noticed.

·
Super Moderator
1,557 Posts
301 would show that misfire moved. So the coil seems to be the culprit. 86 from a parts store seems about right. Check eBay or zzp.
Cat con could ve clogged. Or it could just because of it running rich

Reactions: Aapoo

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Suck it up and bought a coil pack from AutoZone NGK brand for just over 60 bucks, put it in cylinder one and voila car back to normal. Thanks gents to all those that gave me advice. @goaliemo I don't know what I would do without you guys

·
Super Moderator
1,557 Posts
Happy boosting m8🤙

1 - 16 of 16 Posts