Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IS this badge engeering, or are there legit differences beside the dent resistant body panels?

My classic, almost completely restored 1987 BMW 325is (rare color option combo, NEW paint and small ding fixed in Sept 04, for a pefect body before today)was hammered by some massive hail today, so A Saturn looks inviting. The Redline Ion is the closest thing to the driving experience I need in a daily.

Not sure If I want one yet or not, but it's the first decent small performance car GM ever made, and I'm sick over my car. I put so much time and money in it...... :(

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
SnakeEyes said:
IS this badge engeering, or are there legit differences beside the dent resistant body panels?

My classic, almost completely restored 1987 BMW 325is (rare color option combo, NEW paint and small ding fixed in Sept 04, for a pefect body before today)was hammered by some massive hail today, so A Saturn looks inviting. The Redline Ion is the closest thing to the driving experience I need in a daily.

Not sure If I want one yet or not, but it's the first decent small performance car GM ever made, and I'm sick over my car. I put so much time and money in it...... :(
That Camaro is gorgeous! I have nothing in it's class but have owned an '81 Camaro, '76 TransAm w/455, an '86 Firebird, and still have a '90 Camaro RS with a 327 going in this summer, I hope...

There are some, in my opinion, minor differences with the Cobalt and the Redline. We have standard Recaro seats, they have them as an option with the LSD, both have the LSD option, but it seems to be on hold still. They have 18" rims, we have 17" rims. Our rear door-like-thingys, they have a cleaner 2 door coupe look. I feel we have more aggressive styling, they have cleaner line. You can get a Redline cheaper, no question there, particuarly the left over '04s and even the '05s. Several of us have paid at or under $20,000 with options, some as low as $16,000. So it's really a personal preference at this point, I haven't seen or driven/ridden one yet. Not many people have, they are just starting to filter their way into the market, they were held up for a couple of months for some reason, all rumors to me, but I know a few have been delivered...

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
RL's have the dent resistant panels like you mentioned. BUT, they also have the 2 suicide doors which is so convienient. The rims are 17's as opposed to 18's on the cobalt, no boost guage in the RL, engine and tranny are the same, suspension is the same (i think). That's all I can think of right now but I"m sure there's more subtle ones.

·
Super Moderator
4,617 Posts
I swear I saw that Camaro today. If not it was the exact same Color Combination.

BTW, I am in Macon Georgia right now visiting the Parents and the such.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol, thank for the camaro comments....I'm in Oklahoma, so I don't Think you saw mine......but maybe I should go check the garage. :D

there arent many here, I have seen one, and a dealer was trying to sell one used, 2004 with 3K miles a few months back for 20K.......I told him that price was insane, I could buy a new one for that......he didn't really have a response, lol.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I'm a little more partial to the interior of the Cobalt's. I wish Saturn would've put more into the Red-Line's interior. Having said that though, the Red Line's styling is much more appealing IMHO. As a matter of fact, of all the "mighty-mites" out there I think the Red Line's 'lines' are much more appealing than its competition including the Cobalt's. But like I said that's just MY opinion.........

·
Registered
44 Posts
MrCleanY0 said:
RL's have the dent resistant panels like you mentioned. BUT, they also have the 2 suicide doors which is so convienient. The rims are 17's as opposed to 18's on the cobalt, no boost guage in the RL, engine and tranny are the same, suspension is the same (i think). That's all I can think of right now but I"m sure there's more subtle ones.
The RL has a competition package comeing out this summer with a boostgage and digital ladder tach. Along with Quafe limited slip difs.....BIG BONUS!

·
Registered
764 Posts
$20k for a used '04 with 3k on it is insane. I got my '04 used with only 2k on it for $14,500.

·
Registered
69 Posts
IronMan19K1O said:
I paid 14K for a new RL.... oh, I'm a Saturn employee.... lol
So let me get this straight. You don't know the stock boost of your car, think your dealership is getting the Sky a year ahead of the rest of the world, and you got the first and only Redline w/ comp package for 14k? ... I give up.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Celticshadow said:
So let me get this straight. You don't know the stock boost of your car, think your dealership is getting the Sky a year ahead of the rest of the world, and you got the first and only Redline w/ comp package for 14k? ... I give up.
Don't worry Celtic, I just read that post just now too. This guy definetely cannot be saying anything true. Saturn employees can't even get a RL for 14k without the comp. package. GMS employee discount is only $1500. Even if you work at a dealership, I don't think you get a whole freaking $7-8k off of sticker price. I hope this guy doesn't think about posting anything else on this forum...kind of makes me angry at each and every little thing new he says....

·
Registered
138 Posts
i only paid 14900 for a used 04 with 3500 miles on

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
I got a new leftover 04 for 17,400 and the car has a moon roof, 6 disk cd changer, and side airbags. it had 99 miles on it.

keith-

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Celticshadow said:
Haha! That guy is full of sh1t. The Competition Package RLs have not even began production yet.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts