Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys, after totaling the RL and getting the big check, it's time to buy another car. Dilemma: what do I buy? I'm thinking about a modded RSX-S that's for sale. I've also thought about buying an older 240sx and dropping in a RB25 skyline engine :D . Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
if its not another redline then I would go more to a 300zx or perferably a 3000gt or last a gsx 2nd gen?

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Hate to be that vulture, but since you totalled your car, are you going to be selling any of your things? Because I'd be happy to help you get rid of them :D

Honestly, I'd do what goofy said - go with a 300zx; those things are far sexier than a 240sx

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
okay heres the deal i own a fast wait very fast 300zx tt 821 whp. i have to tell you before you buy one... these are not cheap to mod. i have probably close to (with labor and machine work) 45k$$$ in mine. yes you read that right. if you want a reasonable car to mod or do you want a more exotic car to look good in?? the 240sx is a good idea. even if instead od doing the rb26 get a sr20det from japan THEY MAKE EVRYTHING FOR THIS MOTOR!!!!! and these are bullet proof stock. i have some running mid 400whp range on the stock block with just rod upgrade. and they are reliable as shit!!! cheap to put together reasonable to mod and daily reliable. or a 200sx se-r with the sr20de would be great and just as powerful with the right turbo kit. the rsx is only an ok car in my book. there insnt much in the way of big power bolt on for it unless big $$$$. another great option is a sc300 lexus. has the jz motor in non turbo but that can be easily fixed!!!! these put out some big numbers.
the 3000gt is a good car but you will have very limited options as to what can be done to it they are very hard to upgrade to big numbers. and not very reliable at those numbers without internals. of course a supra would be awsome but big $$$ to start with. i could help with anything nissan as that is my specialty. my 200sx was in sport compact car a few years back dyno'ed at over 400 whp. i have much experience and all the hook ups with nissan stuff. check out osakajdmmotors for all motors. they may be a bit more but the motors are super clean and fully complete tranny wire harness and all and they are usually almost spotless. the are awsome. if its nissan i can get any motor you want let me know

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Zfactor, I use to drive a S13 KA24E 240sx. 240sx is a cool ass car. I love the handling, balance of the car. I was never into the Forced Induction 240sx. I think it was good enough with the KA and bolt on's. Not too slow, enough torque to pull you out of the turn. I'm actually thinking about a S14 240sx SE sometime down the line. Make it into my daily driver/weekend road course warrior.

I could school most F/I 240sx's with my NA 240sx. Once we enter that turn, i'm almost flooring it while they have to slow down or else they'll lose it.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mbhmustang98 said:
03-04 Cobra :) Is that engine still good in the redline? I could drop it in my Sl2...total sleeper!!!
Sorry, the car belongs to the insurance company.
Anyway, I'm going to look at a WRX today with 291WHP :D . The car did an 11sec. 1/4. Not too bad... Hopefully I can buy it and be driving in a couple days.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts