Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't think this has been posted but i was at the dealer last week and my salesman told me that they were going to stop putting the recaros in the redlines. He told me they were supossed to do it in 05 but definetly in 06. Not sure if i belive him. I think he was feeding me a line of bs.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
oh well lucky for us i guess, haha.

and if u dont have a redline now, its incentive.

honestly tho, i dont see why they'd stop

·
Registered
681 Posts
I'm not impressed with these Saturn salesguys, since they seem to know little about their Redline models - the same idea I got when the salesman argued with me about fuel requirements. He said using premium would overheat the engine and make it blow up - use 87, he said...

Read the manual....you CAN use 87, but for best performance, yada, yada, yada...you CAN use 87 in a new Corvette, but just like with our cars, you'll notice a big difference.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
the only thing i used the salesman for was pointing out all the little electronic perks we got with the car.....the little "doohickeys" that come with it, like the fact that its a lock reverse, the fact that the trunk has a lock in it, stuff like that.....thats all i used the salesman for

·
Registered
681 Posts
Yes, but the sales guy DIDN'T tell me about the reverse lock out - we drove 5 hours each way to get the car, and stopped about an hour into the return trip to eat supper. I felt like an idiot trying to leave the Arby's parking lot after talking to several people who had eyed up the car...and I couldn't get it into reverse. I had to take out the manual and read the instructions....

Pretty humiliating, considering my line of work.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Jim Lewis said:
Yes, but the sales guy DIDN'T tell me about the reverse lock out - we drove 5 hours each way to get the car, and stopped about an hour into the return trip to eat supper. I felt like an idiot trying to leave the Arby's parking lot after talking to several people who had eyed up the car...and I couldn't get it into reverse. I had to take out the manual and read the instructions....

Not to jump on your shit with both feet... but Yeah. Reverse lock out is not a new thing nor new to GM. I tried to go into reverse & it wouldn't budge, looked at the shifter, saw the ring, said ...Ahhh -reverse lock out. Pulled it up and went on my way. They are a pain, but do serve their purpose.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I have NEVER seen one, except on some strange European cars...just didn't expect it. Plus, it was dark, my wife was bitching, etc...

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
I had the same experience the first time I drove my sisters turbo S beetle. I was kinda embarassed.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Jim Lewis said:

Luckily my salesman told me how to get it in reverse. Otherwise the same thing would have happened to me. It's just not something I had ever seen before. I've driven plenty of manuals, one I had to push the entire shift lever down to get it into reverse and another had a button on top of the shifter. I just hadn't owned a manual for almost 14 years.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Jim Lewis said:
I have NEVER seen one, except on some strange European cars...just didn't expect it. Plus, it was dark, my wife was bitching, etc...
Its been a Saab thing since the mid 70's.

·
Registered
681 Posts
CarNut said:
Lucky for me, I've never owned a Saab, and have only driven three, all were automatics, driven during lemon law inspections....

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i was a little unhappy about the salesmen's knowledge of the car too. For example, before my step dad really looked at the car he asked if it had disc brakes all the way around and he said no. I was like,"ummm, yeah they do." And he argued over it with while i was sitting there pointing at them. And on the recaro note i asked the service manager too he said that they were costing gm to much money to put them in.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Well, I had to call the dealer about getting into the gas tank.

embarrasing?...yes

I didn't want to turn anything too hard on my new car! (including the gas knob)

I had also left the manual at home.

·
Registered
56 Posts
My salesmen did a pretty good job, although he didn't know what the AUX button was for on the radio.

I figured out pretty fast that it turned the CD player on!

·
Registered
681 Posts
Also activates XM if you have it....

I STILL haven't taken the time to figure out how to load CDs....but I listen to XM all the time, so...

·
Registered
293 Posts
The reverse lockout in the 350Z is even more ambiguous. You actually have to push the entire shifter down, not just lift up the little ring. It feels like you're putting it into 6th while shoving the knob downward into the tranny.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
linenoyz said:
The reverse lockout in the 350Z is even more ambiguous. You actually have to push the entire shifter down, not just lift up the little ring. It feels like you're putting it into 6th while shoving the knob downward into the tranny.

80's chryslers were almost like that push down and into 1st. Was scary to teach 1st time drivers to drive on it wondering what gear they are in at the light.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Yea your salesGUY was showing you how to reverse day I picked mine up my dad went to do it and hes like it won't go in reverse and I tried it and couldn't get it either I'm like you gotta be kiddin me, well I tell the salesLADY it won't go in reverse she gets in and goes what and she goes oh heh you gotta lift this little guy I looked at my dad and started laughing and he's like wow 2 men just got as you say OWNED by a lady!

·
Registered
27 Posts
CarNut said:
i owned a '74 SAAB Sonnett 3 recently and it didnt have this kind of setup...the salesman didnt tell me about it it took me a few minutes to figure it out too. :eek:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts