Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
I'm Awesome
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
225 Dollars for a deposit to ZZP, one of our most trusted vendors, to make projector headlights for us. Are you in?

One of our own, tbandit420, has been communicating with ZZP..and if we can get at least 25-50 of us to chime in together, we can do this!

I understand we don't have any pictures of them yet, we need names and actual words of support before ZZP will really consider making these for our rare cars or else there's no reason to waste their time and money having these made.

I for one, will gladly put down 225 bucks to ZZP for projectors...It's been on my to-do list forever. :D :D :pimp:

Please try and keep it simple on this thread.
If you're going to post if you're willing to put the money down then start your reply saying just that.

People who are interested, thus far:
1) laser_racer
2) coraldayton
3) 04Redline
4) aikidoshadow
5) FlintIonQC
6) Wiseion
7) Vyperpunk
8) ghettocowboy
9) RedlineNoob
10) RLProfessional
11) AC66Bronco
12) RedLineKid08
13) skatinboarding
14) elecblue06
15) GMredline
16) ALL4GLH
17) Ion3qc87
18) tbandit420
19) Utahutes#1
20) larryboi1985
21) RAGEOUS
22) Watts-Up
23) Ion3qc87
24) slvrred-
25) bueno
26) RJizzysredline
27) You and your dog?

·
Boost get some.
3,260 Posts
I will be glad to support this as long as zzp comes in here and says something. Cause everytime we do this no one ever says a word in them to show there support for it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm willing to drop the cash for it as long as we know what the final costs are going to be... and if ZZP posts in here. I won't put anything down until they've confirmed it. I'll post this over on the Ion forums for the non-RL crew (or those that don't haunt these halls).

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
225 plus how much more?
Im all in as well, But as everyone has stated I will want the following in writing before I toss anyone money.

1. A firm estimate of final cost

2. Written proof that they are infact giving our community projector support. Just along the lines of Matt/Ryan/Zooomer saying " Yes RL community, we will build them for you"

3. An finally an end result. Pictures, Hell even an artists sketch or a CAD drawing of the projected final appearance of them.

I dont think this is too demanding, and is well within reason for someone who is going to pay 225+ for headlights.

·
The Flintstone
815 Posts
I'm down with it, pending progress/final product of course. Not fair if they want capital up front with no product to show forth. Don't let it become another vendor fiasco.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
I would absolutely love a set of projectors. Like everyone else has mentioned though, I would like to see a finished product (hopefully looking as sweet as the ones they have for the cobalt lol). If they look good and are a fairly reasonable price I would go for them in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I'm down.I do believe this is the 3rd or 4th page I've said this on

·
I'm Awesome
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Okay. We've got around 10 guys, all pretty much regulars on the forums...no 1 post counters, so far who all pretty much want the same thing.

1) ZZP to come on this thread and give us the thumbs up that they are officially interested.
2) The cost to go down, I mean who wouldn't want that? I would try to go with 200, not much lower because try to understand it from their stand point...these aren't going to sell like their cobalt projectors...
3) The cost not to change, no matter what. Whatever we get it to be with ZZP, it needs to stay the same. We're not rich, I mean come on..we're driving plastic race cars. ^_^
4) We want pictures. We want to see schematics, we want to see maybe a model, or SOMETHING to give us something to stare at as we buy the thing.

This is a start.

So, ultimatly, we just need a ZZP rep to step in and say something.

To everyone else, please post if you're interested, your concerns, etc. I'd really like to get this show going and have projectors sometime before the end of the summer.

·
Registered
70 Posts
A couple things I'm wondering:

1) Cost going to include the price for new headlights or will there be a core charge for our current headlights?
2) Paint inside the housing black, silver, etc?
3) Just the projectors or will it come with CCFL halos?

·
Registered
200 Posts
225 plus how much more?
Im all in as well, But as everyone has stated I will want the following in writing before I toss anyone money.

1. A firm estimate of final cost

2. Written proof that they are infact giving our community projector support. Just along the lines of Matt/Ryan/Zooomer saying " Yes RL community, we will build them for you"

3. An finally an end result. Pictures, Hell even an artists sketch or a CAD drawing of the projected final appearance of them.

I dont think this is too demanding, and is well within reason for someone who is going to pay 225+ for headlights.
pending this I am down. And also provided that they are in fact real HID projectors. and not Halogen

·
Registered
200 Posts
pending style and genuine HID retrofit projectors i'm in..

personally i'd low R8 replicas
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

we dont have fucking audis

·
Registered
685 Posts
scotch those do look good but i would like to see what zzp can make as they said the would do this if we get some people. I emailed them earlier and sent them a link to this thread so hopefully they will get back to me soon or chime in here soon. I will let you all know as soon as i know.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts