Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Is the car on the stock tune? IIRC stock tune shouldn't have the IC pump on without the engine running. Regardless, good to have a working pump :)

What year was your car? 04's and some (early) 05s were victims of backwards wiring so if your 06+ and some of 05 it wasn't an issue. That's what the consensus is.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Is the car on the stock tune? IIRC stock tune shouldn't have the IC pump on without the engine running.
It's a 2006 and the wiring was fine so either the factory got it right or someone else corrected it.

I was wondering why the pump was running with the key in the on position. You may be on to something because the car is not on a stock tune. It has a ZZP stage 2 kit installed (3.0 pulley). I bought the car with the mod already done so I don't know all that much about it ... other than the car runs great.

So I guess with the tune for a ZZP stage 2, the pump runs all the time. I'm just happy it's running.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I know rowdy's pump runs with the key in on position and he has zzp tune.

I was just curious, it's not a bad thing I turned mine to do the same thing with HPT to check if the pump was working :)

41 - 43 of 43 Posts