Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new to the forum, first post. Got a 2006 Redline, bought it new, stage 2 and high flow paper filter. It's had an issue for awhile though, it's the idle, when I come up to a stop light and push in the clutch, it starts going from 200 to 1500 rpms, the whole time I'm at stop! It goes so low, it almost dies! Has anybody had this issue? If so, what did you do to fix it?

Thanks in advance guys!

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Does this still happen even if you don't have the clutch in? Try cleaning your throttle body and MAF sensor. 99% of the time, that's the solution.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for responding! I will check into my Maf like you guys suggested. I have the big injectors that came with the stage 2, can't remember what size they were...

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
As stated at least 95% of the time it's TB and/or MAF. Next is fuel filter and air filter. Last is plugs or coil, etc.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Mine was running fine untill i cleaned the TB and MAF, because it takes the ECM a while to reconfigure, but slowly it is starting to run better....It is the worst when coasting to a stop light. So if it doesnt fix right away give it some time GD luck!

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
i found a vacuum leak when mine was doing this. took a while to find because i was changing parts at the time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts