Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, as some of you know, I'm currently deployed to south america. I'll be home on the 29th of this month! I'm excited! Well, today I called back to my home base and talked to the guys there and they told me that I am next in line to go to the desert! They're hopefully going to get me out of it since I've been deployed here for a few months and I was away from home for a month before coming here. It would really suck to have to go to the desert in September for 120days!

I've been married for 6 months, away from my wife for 4 of those 6 and now I may miss christmas and our first anniversary! Damn I love the military! haha

Just my venting rant! Don't mind me!

josh

·
Registered
754 Posts
Man my heart goes out to you and I do hope you can come home to your wife and family at least for a little while.Keep your spirits up the best that you can.Good luck to you.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
First off, thank you; I have so much respect for service men & women, and the sacrifices they make, be it with their lives or even just with their time.

Second, what branch are you in? And what's your MOS? Two of my best friends are military, one is Army, 35 Echo is his job description, he's kind of hush about what he does, but it has something to do with communications, and then the other is Navy, and he's on a sub right now but I'm not sure what his JOB title is; he failed out of the nuke program.

Anywho, I hope everything works out for you and you get to see your wife! Best of luck, if you go to the desert, stay safe!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I'm in the Air Force. My AFSC is 3c2x1, but I've been working out of that career field with the AWACS for the last year+. It's fun working with AWACS, but they deploy alot!

Josh

·
Registered
199 Posts
purplesl2 said:
Thanks guys. I'm in the Air Force. My AFSC is 3c2x1, but I've been working out of that career field with the AWACS for the last year+. It's fun working with AWACS, but they deploy alot!

Josh
AWACS? Cool.

Here's hoping you're able to avoid the desert.

Xian

·
Registered
541 Posts
purplesl2 said:

Josh

At least if you go you'll be able to touch the land your looking at....When I was there I got to look at it for 3 months at a time, but not touch it!! Course, I got to be on the VBSS (Vessel Boarding Search and Siezure) team as the small boat engineer!! We got to board several tankers in the gulf!!

Hey, do me a favor if you do end up going (which I hope you don't) see if you can't take pictures of the straits of Hormuz. There are TONS of surface to surface and SAM sites lining both sides. The only time we got to see them was on a radar screen when I was going for my ESWS.....

Good luck, and BTW the best thing about leaving your wife behind is comming home to her!!

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
ESWS?? whats that stand for. I work the ECM on the Buff Good luck over there in S. America and hopefully u'll get a break.

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
Damn that sux, my buddy went into the army about 3 1/2 months ago and b4 he left him and his g/f (which was also another one of my bestfriends) decided to get married and on their hunnymoon (last night b4 he got shipped off) she got preg. and didnt know it and so when she went and got to see him after his last day in boot camp, they tried (b/c she didnt know she already was) and when she got home she found out that she was b4 he left, but long story short, he just found out that right after he gets done with all his tranning and stuff he gets shipped out asap to NC and she cant move with him until the babys born so he misses, his childs birth, and i believe he will miss the 1 year of being married, but he might just make it for that one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts