Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious, anyone notice patterns in the attitudes of the drivers of certain cars?
Not to instigate or stereotype, but I for example have had a few bad run ins with VW drivers, and a lot of the rice crowd tends to be insolent (no surprise). But, I guess I'd be pissed off too if I drove an imported piece of excrement. :D jk
Anybody have thoughts?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Only thing I have noticed is "big bad Dodge Rams" and other arrogant @ssholes who drive SUV's thinking they can push a little Saturn around.

Other than that, really no challenges from other cars or any problems. Well maybe besides the occasional Mustang. But thats about it. More problems with SUV's who think they own the road than anything around where I drive.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's completely true. Since I've had my RL, on two occasions, I've had a big ass truck try to run me off the damn road. If it wasn't for a quick reaction time and some driving skill, my Saturn would probably be in the junkyard right now.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Bad -- SUV drivers
Worse -- SUV drivers on cell phones
Worst -- Female SUV drivers on cell phones
Worser Worst -- Young, female SUV drivers on cell phones
;)

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You hit the nail on the head. I couldn't agree with you more. Although the elderly are pretty bad too. It's terrible when you stop looking behind the car before you decide to throw it in reverse. About a week ago, I had some old lady in front of me driving a crown vic. We were stopped at a light, and she just puts it in reverse and backs right into my car. Guess she couldn't hear the horn either, even though I was holding it in for about 20 seconds. Luckily no damage though.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Yeah I havent had any problems with other people in other sports cars. I hate those chrysler pacifica's :mad: . I get cut off and tale gated by those pieces of crap every day.
My sister workes at GM and drives a turbo s beetle. Me and her would allways complain about people in big cars and trucks pushin people around on the highway. Well she is now getting a company car. Guess what they give her. A 2005 chevy tahoe Z71 4x4 with just about every bolt on you could think of :rolleyes: At least she doesnt have to buy gas for the darn thing. Thats the only positive thing she had to say lol.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I second the VW thing... Most volkswagon drivers honestly believe they drive BMWs, not 87hp tin cans.

And I don't think I've ever seen an SUV driver that's NOT on the phone...

The rest of the cars are automatics, which we've determined people just aim.
"Brake lights! Hit the brakes!" -- CRASH!

People that don't know how to drive annoy me.

And it's those people that get pissy. When you go gliding through a corner at some multiple of the speed limit, they get all pissy about driving like a maniac. Truth is, I know where the racing line is. You're dangerous taking the turn at 25mph, but I'm completely safe taking it at 35mph, because I'm pretty much driving on a different road (when you analyze racing lines, one early thing to notice about a turn is how the radius along the racing line is dramatically larger than around the inside of a turn, so what is a tight turn to most driviers becomes a nice, sweeping turn along the speed line).

So bugger off, I'm not dangerous, you are.
And I'm not trying to get around you, I'm taking the turn correctly.

·
Registered
305 Posts
alredline04 said:
Yeah I havent had any problems with other people in other sports cars. I hate those chrysler pacifica's :mad: . I get cut off and tale gated by those pieces of crap every day.
I LOVED the Pacifica's when they were brand new and only like 1-2 people had em. I don't know why I liked them, since I despise Chrysler/Dodge vehicles.....Now they are all over the place and it seems that everyone that drives them are total jerk offs. So now I hate 'em too. But I still get harrassed more by Trailblazers, Envoy's, and Ram's than anything

And yes, women on cell phones cannot drive, no matter what they are driving. I should know, I'm a woman! But I don't drive and talk on a cell phone....and I don't drive like a typical woman so maybe I'm an exception.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts