Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just figured I'd throw this out there since I'm somewhat bored. When comparing two cars, how close in 0-60 time and 1/4 mile time would you say the two cars would have to be in order to have it come down to "Driver Skill"? Example, lets say two cars are within 1 second to 60 miles per hour and the same 1 second in 1/4 mile times (one maybe 5 seconds to 60 and the other 4 seconds and maybe a 13 second car and a 12 second car). Would you say about maybe a 0.5 second to 1.0 second difference would make it a "driver's race"? I mean I know for instance a mini-van and a Ferrari, you could have the best driver in the world in the mini-van (stock of course) and you could have freshly licensed driver (that knows how to drive a stick at least moderately) in the ferrari beat the mini-van time and time again. How close would the two cars need to be 0-60 time wise and 1/4 mile time wise in your opinion for it to come down to the driver's skill?

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
I think that's nearly impossible to answer...

We can use mag stats, and generally see if two cars are close, and usually find 1/4 mile times from each type. If there's overlap in the times... drivers race... there's also something to be said for how easy it is to drive the car. Some cars beg to go fast, and some cars need it beaten out of them. Some cars turn the corner themselves, and some have to be pushed through it. Even though the one that has to be pushed through it might be faster when pushed to the line. Know what I mean?

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
you could compare weight with hp

and the cars compare that way, it is most likely a drivers race

keith-

1 - 3 of 3 Posts