Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When im idling through my apartment complex and everything is really quiet, And i go from 1st to 2nd at low speed.. as soon as the clutch starts to engauge i hear a ahem.. "clap clap... zzzz..." Basicly i can hear the driveline engauge like an old u joint on a pickup truck. (what i used to drive) Its not extremly loud but was wonding if its ok or is it a sign that i have worn out somthing.

Also i hear the same thing when i go from neutral to first with the clutch in when im at a light. I am new to a manual tranny and any little sound concerns me. Anybody else get this?

·
Registered
710 Posts
Normal

Its normal. I think the sound is louder when the drivetrain is cold. Its just you switching gears. Nothing to be worried about. It happens to my car and my sisters SVT Contour, and every other manual.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
yeah brought mine in for this and they checked everything (i know my dealer really well) they said this noise was normal from what i understand they though it was to be fixed with the newer version of the car but mine was made just atthe end of april and still does this.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Watch for a repair for this issue, soon from what I'm told. Just make sure to mention it every time you go in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts