Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

41 - 60 of 421 Posts

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Update.
  • Clutch master cylinder replaced (OEM) and system bled - crazy how much better it feels when shit works the way it's supposed to
  • John's new-fangled 04 mount on order along with hardcore bar (went with bronze).
  • Koni's, Pedders, swap kit and Powergrid endlinks all sitting in the garage ready to go on. Purchased exhaust pipe cutter, electric impact wrench, heat gun and lube to help things go easier
  • Front H/E still f'd up.
  • SC coupler still not on
  • Still on the lookout for LSD deal

SCCA instructor who runs Koni's is going to help me with my install, hopefully this week. The goal is to have the suspension parts in and H/E fixed (or removed entirely) for Aug 21st event.

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Nice progress Drox!!
I can only imagine the night and day your about to feel when you perform the suspension swap.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Nice progress Drox!!
I can only imagine the night and day your about to feel when you perform the suspension swap.
Doesn't feel like progress yet since all the good new stuff is still sitting in the garage and not on my car but I'm shaking with anticipation (at least I hope it's anticipation and not Parkinson's or something). Thanks for the well wishes sir:)

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
And...

Begin. OMW to grab a spring compressor from Autozone and start the suspension install, hopefully with a helping hand from my AutoX instructor who runs konis on his car (focus DSP).

Might need to stop and buy beer too just in case we need to do some thinkin:)

·
Registered
7,303 Posts
it typically takes me 4-5 beers to even start thinking, good luck!

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
And...

Begin. OMW to grab a spring compressor from Autozone and start the suspension install, hopefully with a helping hand from my AutoX instructor who runs konis on his car (focus DSP).

Might need to stop and buy beer too just in case we need to do some thinkin:)
you can call or email if you run into issues. at the shop saturday. good luck and be careful with the spacers big on the bottom, thin on top, of the bearing. a little slimycone will keep them in place while u assemble....cheers

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #49 (Edited)
Thanks Shroogis for offering to help with any questions. Thanks as always to Mr. Powell for his vast knowledge and generosity and to Hawlyns for the well wishes...but we got-r-dun all in one shot tonight. Gotta throw a shout-out to Big Brother for selling his Konis to me off his dearly departed RL.

Just over 4 hours from 1st jack stand under the car til completion. Things go WAAAAYYY faster with someone else helping. Electric impact was a lifesaver! No heat gun needed for the rears, just some real good lube:)

Dropping at the shop for the alignment tomorrow (same guy that helped me tonight)...Ride is way smoother and steering response seems to be much quicker as well...Forgive the crappy cell phone pics in the dark.

Attachments

·
I'm bi-winning
900 Posts
And people say Pedders won't drop a car :rofl:

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
And people say Pedders won't drop a car :rofl:
Srsly, the drop is a secondary benefit for me...don't get me wrong, it does look better but it feels night and day for response and overall feel when I drive it, which is what I wanted...went with a fairly conservative alignment to start with. Can't wait for the 04 mount and hardcore bar!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Registered for AutoX event on Sunday...maybe even have my hardcore bar too:)

Not expecting much as I am still on General Exclaim UHP's and no LSD but the goal is to improve driver mod as much as anything...and of course, to have fun:D

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
FMHE is off and lines done temporarily. Could not get the "out" hose off the stock HE for the life of me so I ended up pulling some off the end of the "in" hose to the mani to expose a 90 deg and then trimmed the "out" hose and put em together.

Not perfect as there's too many 90 deg fittings but I took her for a drive and IAT2 never went above 120 @WOT (75 deg IAT1). Highway cruise around 95-98.

Call me crazy but seems like she got some power back somehow.

41 - 60 of 421 Posts