Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yup barrys idea and I had to get it done. Its a 3 inch from the cat all the way to the y pipe to the mufflers. After that its 2.5 to both mufflers. Loud and it pops a ton on downshift. Ass Dyno likes it

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its dark out but here is something to go on. I will take many tomorrow.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Freakin' sweeeeet, dude.

Did you check out the size of the stock muffler after they cut it off? Geez, that thing was a monster. :p

·
Registered
767 Posts
That looks great!! How much did it cost for everything? Are you going to dyno it?

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dyno yes and the toll came to 550 with saturn doing the cut out for me. And yes the muffler is HUGE the new ones are small. The guy did such a meticulous job took 7 hours.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
goofyguy said:
dyno yes and the toll came to 550 with saturn doing the cut out for me. And yes the muffler is HUGE the new ones are small. The guy did such a meticulous job took 7 hours.

You can't rush art. :D

·
Super Moderator
4,617 Posts
new2boost said:
That's an awesome looking setup, do you think you will lose any backpressure by going to the duals?
Backpressure on boosted cars is negligable, and our moving the power up 500-1000 rpms will be of benefit. Plus gaining some top end where I believe we lack.

·
Registered
416 Posts
new2boost said:
That's an awesome looking setup, do you think you will lose any backpressure by going to the duals?
Didn't we cover the whole backpressure myth already?

Oh, by the way, awesome pictures. How about power gains?

·
Registered
244 Posts
I personally like that Plate Frame! I think it says Saturn of Port Richey! Yea Baby! Looks good dude!

·
Registered
609 Posts
Hell yea! Im gettin my exhaust done tomarrow, i cant wait. Im doin 3inch all the way back to a 3inch magnaflow. i think itll be beastly....

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
its a whole lot louder than I thought it was going to be. I did it a little differnt than barry but damn the noise is crazy. I suggest a resonator in there Im getting one put in soon. Also the plate will remian as long as people ask me what it is.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
also there is no backpressure to speak of except the cat and the header. Im still waiting on the header and the cat will soon follow.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
goofyguy said:
its a whole lot louder than I thought it was going to be. I did it a little differnt than barry but damn the noise is crazy. I suggest a resonator in there Im getting one put in soon. Also the plate will remian as long as people ask me what it is.

I was thinking of having my resonator removed but I'll just keep it since hearing this.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
The exhaust looks nice!!!! But I am going to go single exit exhaust when i get mine done. Only reason, duals have no better performance and it looks like we are just copying off the SRT-4's setup.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
duals will make it quieter a tad though your splitting the noise and pushing through 2 mufflers. A single 3 is going to be loud. blackredline04 come by my work tonight I wanna hear it when its all done.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
a few more for yas

Attachments

·
Registered
168 Posts
what brand of mufflers did you use?

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
magnaflows both sides. used a oval tip. 3 inch to the tee and 2.5s from there to the mufflers and 2.5 out to the tips

1 - 20 of 41 Posts