Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I tried something to try and get back the mythical 2 psi that the computer hoardes :mad: Its working so far, car is running good. I would like to say that it really is not making a big difference in power (if any). The boost is literally at redline. If all goes well this week I will post how to do the mod, I don't want anyone but me blowing shit up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
clownhair said:
So I tried something to try and get back the mythical 2 psi that the computer hoardes :mad: Its working so far, car is running good. I would like to say that it really is not making a big difference in power (if any). The boost is literally at redline. If all goes well this week I will post how to do the mod, I don't want anyone but me blowing shit up.
Sounds good, did you end up finding a belt for the smaller pulley?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,170 Posts
What about making a spacer under the supercharger instead of changing the belt size. Just a thought.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
Sinister redlines said:
What about making a spacer under the supercharger instead of changing the belt size. Just a thought.
Spacer? I'm not following you... Are you talking about a plate of some sort that would raise a gap from the supercharger off the block itself? I don't have those kinds of resources... plus I think a belt would be alot cheaper...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
391 Posts
so are you getting 2 more psi with the stock pulley, or just with a aftermarket pulley im lost, since your saying the computer is hiding it makes its sound stock...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,170 Posts
tlake84 said:
Spacer? I'm not following you... Are you talking about a plate of some sort that would raise a gap from the supercharger off the block itself? I don't have those kinds of resources... plus I think a belt would be alot cheaper...
It would be very cheap to build a spacer like maybe $10.00 for the aluminum and a little time to machine it. I could do it if you want it. And you would be surprised on how much that belt will cost if nobody makes it. However if they do make it it would be comparable keep in mind its a double sided belt and rather uncommon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
BlackLine said:
so are you getting 2 more psi with the stock pulley, or just with a aftermarket pulley im lost, since your saying the computer is hiding it makes its sound stock...
stock, I have a pulley waiting to go on which is what me and tlake are talking about. Kazkillinger did the mod and is reporting good things to me thus far.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sinister redlines said:
It would be very cheap to build a spacer like maybe $10.00 for the aluminum and a little time to machine it. I could do it if you want it. And you would be surprised on how much that belt will cost if nobody makes it. However if they do make it it would be comparable keep in mind its a double sided belt and rather uncommon.
you have machining resources?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,231 Posts
it shouldnt be to hard to mill it out of aluminum. I assume its for water injection or Nitrous so a inch would be good. A new belt may not be needed for the pulley depending on the size becuase of the tensioner. As for the spacer you shouldnt need a belt. Both you may need one though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,170 Posts
clownhair said:
you have machining resources?
Yes, my father has a cnc mill and lathe.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,170 Posts
goofyguy said:
it shouldnt be to hard to mill it out of aluminum. I assume its for water injection or Nitrous so a inch would be good. A new belt may not be needed for the pulley depending on the size becuase of the tensioner. As for the spacer you shouldnt need a belt. Both you may need one though.
Someone said that the smaller pulley would'nt work with the tensioner. I cant remember who and I couldnt find it on the search. maybe they where full of it I dont know.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
572 Posts
yes the mod rocks. i went out and tested it and raN into a evo. ok so i turn over what she got? hes all blow off valve u? cai and some boost mod i just did. boom we take off he gets on the dig but never gets farther than a car length. 5 mins later i run into this stang that sounds mean like i/h/e/ other strong fyi i have raced 2003 gt and won but this was as fast as the evo but only got as far apart from me as the evo....morale of this story?this biotch helps!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,618 Posts
I'm a little lost. 1) What is this mod? You said you're waiting to put on a pulley so there's more to it. 2) How can you get another pound of boost w/o increasing power?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hyperion said:
I'm a little lost. 1) What is this mod? You said you're waiting to put on a pulley so there's more to it. 2) How can you get another pound of boost w/o increasing power?
the extra boost is so late in the RPM range that I feal it dosn't help much. There is nothing more to it. I did this mod, waiting to put a pulley on later.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,193 Posts
I thought someone else said we made the 12lbs around 4500rpm's or so and then the PCM stops it.
 
1 - 20 of 66 Posts
Top