Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pic is attached of the sheet. I went over the graph lines as they were very thin and hard to see. I don't have a color scanner, so I took a .jpg image of the sheet.

The car was made on Apr 27th, 2004 and is between #96 & #124. It is bone stock to the point I have had nothing done to it except correct the polarity on the intercooler pump motor. The pulls were done outside on their portable DynoJet unit and it was approx 65º F. I let the car sit for 20 min after getting there to cool off a bit.

I am very pleased to see the 211 & 214 HP in 4th gear with a back up 3rd gear pull of 216. THe numbers as explained to me. The operator said that there is very little difference on a 3rd and 4th gear pull on the FWD OD tranny cars. 98% of the time he says the graphs will overlay on themselves. As you can see by mine, that is the case. There is only a 2 HP difference between being a little over 1:1 to being a little under 1:1. The DynoJet brand of dyno is accurate from session to session where a mustang dyno can vary because of the electric motor and heat build up. Each brand will claim that theirs is the best, nothing new here, everyone that sell a product goes down this path. I like the fact that the next time I go back, any increase will be a true increase over what the car ran today as measured by these numbers. Also he said that there is no need to do a conversion for a 1:1 ratio to get the "right" horsepower reading. As a rule of thumb he said it will only be a couple of HP difference.

Attachments

·
Registered
679 Posts
Good god damn!!! I hope im at least at 220 w/the intake and header or ill be pist. But if i get any higher i'll rub it in your faces LOL J/P Good pulls man glad to see what the redline has on paper instead of the street. As soon as i get started w/my new job ill get a meeting set for my local dyno people like 30miles away.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
dude we need to setup something for friday this week colin to see what all the bolt ons will do with my car.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
goofyguy said:
dude we need to setup something for friday this week colin to see what all the bolt ons will do with my car.

i'd definitly like to know about the headers. and don't you also have the cams, or am i on crack today?

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
no cams yet. Still waiting for them to arrive. I have full exhaust including on tuesday the cat will be gone and replaced with 3 inch. so header all the way out to my duals no restirictions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.