Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well got it done. It was a fun day! The guys at MD are cool and all the people i met off the forums. I drove a car similar to mine with the jmod and 3500 stall...and i gotta get one!! Anyways i was running a lil rich..198 horspower/268 lbs of torque. Damn wanted to crack 200!!

·
Registered
391 Posts
3500 stall sounds way to high for you, i would think a 2800 would work better. not bad numbers my buddy had a old 97GT with a 5 speed and same mods and put down 202 whp.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
he said his 3800 would be too high too if u drove it everyday..as he does not and i dont drive mine everyday either..only on the weekends. Yeah i did pretty good to have an auto. If i get some fuel pulled back i wouldnt be so rich and would get a little more power right there.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Chazb said:
Not bad HP but get a redline to crack 200.J\K ;)

I will. But before then i will as well. The guy with another 98 auto..with pulleys, catback, midpipe and PI intake with PI cams and tune got 215 HP. So it PI intake for me next and ported plenum..then thats it for the engine for now, well maybe pulleys but then i am doing all transmission/suspensios stuff.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
matt said:
I thought the 4.6L's had more power than that. :confused:

not a 96-98..hey blue redline...mine is an auto and 934 feet above sea level..and 2 hundreths less then ur time with less horses!!!! So i guess the torque helps!

·
Registered
391 Posts
where is there a track in ohio that is 934 above sea level? kil kare is 594 ft at least thats the what the slips say.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BlackLine said:
where is there a track in ohio that is 934 above sea level? kil kare is 594 ft at least thats the what the slips say.
I swear it said 943 feet online somewhere. Where did it say 594? Unless they changed their slips from last year they sure dont say any elevation on mine. Myabe i am wrong..What i was saying is torque makes a difference..i have a stock automatic and ran 2 hundreths less then him with less horses to the ground with a heavier car..plus my car makes horsepower alot sooner then his..based on the dyno there he provided. Dont get me wrong...hes got a fast car for sure, and i cant wait til i get mine.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Messing around?? I am not exactly money bags. I am gonna get a PI intake, the heads arent really the problem, sure they do a lil better but everyone thought the power was in the heads..its in the cams and intake. Intake is cheap, now gotta get it and do it..with a little tune should be over 215 for sure. hten i am concentrating on tranny, gears and suspension after that.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Blu_Redline said:
Uh, your's is 2 tenths MORE than my time and 4-5 MPH Slower and the performance difference between my altitude and yours is Zero (853 to 934 feet). Plus my times were done with the intercooler pump running backwards and not cooling the charge properly, so maybe, just maybe I can now get the mid 14s and 98 MPH that some of the other Red Lines have gotten. About the auto trans, sorry to hear you got a girl's car. :D PLus If you'll look at the torque, the red line was making 150 lb/ft of torque or more from 2500 RPM thru redline, so the ENTIRE usable RPM band had 80% to 100% of max. torque as the HP climbes up the scale. The dyno man was MOST impressed & said that GM performance Div had their shit together on the tuning of this motor. Most graphs have the torque and HP chasing each other up a similar inclined slope.

Oh, and the girls car crack, that wasn't really about it being an automatic, more like being a Mustang. We all know if you wanted a really fast guy's car it would be an F-Body powered by a Bowtie. :D
Ouch, ouch, ouch!

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
U wait til i do some tranny work and we will see who wins with less power and more torque. Hell u might get a better time but with a 3500 stall i wonder who will get to the line quicker? If i had a 5 speed id be quicker now but i dont..so gotta work with what i got and this tranny can be made to be good, i was proven that.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Blu_Redline said:
Oh yeah, wait till I drop a 502 crate engine in mine and tub the bitch and fill'er full of Nahzz. :eek:

Im talking about upgrading existing factory parts..not a whole new engine and tranny!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts