Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got a "test" car on the dyno last night, and before i post the results, please keep in mind this was on a mustang dyno, and they usually read lower as they tend to be more accurate.

we got in a few runs, so it varied, but it kept climbing with each pull, it also made a difference how far out they took it.

all runs were done in fourth gear.

here are the first and last (last was best)

1- max power [email protected] max torque [email protected]
2- max power [email protected] max torque [email protected]

can anyone post the graphs for me?

the torque curves are wonderfull, it's there at the get go @1700rpms, and is level, maxing out @ 4500 but staying no less than 150 all the way across the board. beautiful!

again, the numbers may SEEM low, but this was done on a mustang dyno, so it'll always be lower, but will be MUCH better to compare gains as it'll be more consistant and accurate. all in all i say not bad. @15% drivetrain loss, this puts it at 219.xxx to the crank. tonight we should have some preliiminary results with the intake on, so check back.

also, if anyone can post pics, graphs, and movies, i've got them all! just don't have the time to figure it all out.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
email me the pics and Ill post em up [email protected]

also do they show the boost levels?

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
with the "guarenteed" 10% increase of power with the headers, we should be at 205+ to the wheels on this dyno.

also, for reference sake, they've had evo's with all bolt ons getting ~240 to the wheels (not sure of the exact numbers), also an SRT with bigger intercooler, boost controller and some other stuff (which i would find to get 275+ to the wheels according to internet forums) got ~220 to the wheels.

i'd also like to note that the car was running hot when we did the pulls, one run had the a/c on as we we're trying to cool the car, and forgot to turn it off.

i'm guessing most dyno's we've been seeing have been 3rd gear pulls on a dynajet or dynapak and that's why we're seeing 200+ to the wheels. we could have done a 3rd gear pull and put more to the ground for the graphs, but he says he likes to do it this way, don't know why, but i trust him and we're going to keep all parameters the same, and always do 4th gear pulls, so we have a good representation of the gains we are going to start seeing. i'm getting all giddy inside!

:D

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
here ya go

Attachments

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you can see in the first graph that throughout three runs, it kept getting better, and temps were up. with a 160 degree thermostat, and some other attention to cooling, possibly a larger radiator, power levels should go up, not to mention having an I/H/E setup!

·
Registered
609 Posts
Is that 16 peak whp that i see gained??? If so im in like a mofugger! :D

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
did you have a fan or anything on the motor. remeber the intercooler is behind the ac condensor in front of the radiator. If there is not air moving over the 3 the air is stagnant and it will heat soak the intercooler unit. And then your pumping hot water into the intercooler unit in between the supercharger and the motor. Just a thought.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
there was a fan, although i'm sure it could have been bigger. also, this is just three base runs, no performance gains to be seen here except 1-2mph differences in end points! as you can see, she just want's to keep building power all the way up!

·
Registered
524 Posts
Why didn't you make a pull in 3rd gear? Just wondering, since almost all the dyno pulls I've seen have been made in 3rd gear...

Tom

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i'm not sure, but he had his reasons, i'm sure it would've been higher. i'll ask again today. also, if anyone can host the video, i've got one just waiting to be sent!

·
Registered
767 Posts
I would make sure to do all the pulls in 3rd. I can't wait to see some dyno numbers with the intake on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The Redline shoould be dyno'd in 4th compared to 3rd because 4th is closer to 1:1 then 3rd is.

3rd gear : 1.18:1
4th : .89:1

Mustang Dyno's are Typically dyno 3% lower then Dynojet's.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Blk01GTP said:
The Redline shoould be dyno'd in 4th compared to 3rd because 4th is closer to 1:1 then 3rd is.

yeah, that's what he said, i just couldn't remember

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Aeain said:
I can host a video, e-mail it to me.
i'll e-mail it to you when i get home

·
Registered
674 Posts
Were you using a wide band during any of the dyno pulls? Just curious what A/F's are looking like with stock programing at WOT.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
no, we weren't

also, the video is too big to e-mail

·
Registered
487 Posts
Blk01GTP said:

if everything is set properly

I do not trust accuracy on those, just reliablility

1 - 19 of 19 Posts