Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and the well awaited dyno results sorry it took so long but i had to do navy stuff second run was without the mod first with i am not sure why car was running so rich but i am kinda upset about that because my power seems really low for some of the other dyno's i have seen if anyone has any ideas as to why it is so rich or why the HP is so low let me know asap if possible IM me on AIM if not i will check back later

Attachments

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
So the Mod actually lost HP interesting. OOOOPPPPSSS i didn't read yea its a 10hp gain from the mod... 178HP + 164trq w/mod
168hp + 162trq w/o mod

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Kind of hard to read from that pic.

Could you physically post the HP and torque numbers in the thread?

Looks like about a 10 HP gain and a 1 lbft of torque with the mod. At least that's what it looks like when I squint my eyes real hard.

·
Registered
416 Posts
navymitch12 said:
and the well awaited dyno results sorry it took so long but i had to do navy stuff second run was without the mod first with i am not sure why car was running so rich but i am kinda upset about that because my power seems really low for some of the other dyno's i have seen if anyone has any ideas as to why it is so rich or why the HP is so low let me know asap if possible IM me on AIM if not i will check back later
In the name of all that is sacred what are you telling us? Punctuation is a good thing. Can someone translate this please?

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea sorry about that

with mod 178.31hp 164.1tq
with out 168.03hp 162.72tq

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
navymitch12 said:
yea sorry about that

with mod 178.31hp 164.1tq
with out 168.03hp 162.72tq
So the mod DOES increase power a bit.

I'm going to dyno mine this Saturday hopefully. Those numbers do seem low compared to others I have seen.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea i do that sometimes, basically my car is running really rich and i think it is because of the mod. now i did get a 10hp gain with the mod but if the other dyno's i have seen of 200+hp are correct and mine is not wrong it lost HP, so i dont know what to think

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
It does run a lot Richer though look at the A/F with the mod 11 at redline. But from looking at alot of SRT-4 owners with Stage 1 or 2's i think they run lik A/F around 12. So i guess were ok.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea but look where it dips in the mid powerband, its like below 10 and that is way rich

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
well those are by far the lowest numbers seen so far. What in the hell is up with that?

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Yeah they are. If I get numbers like that on Saturday, I'm gonna be pissed. ;)

Sorry Navy. Take it to your dealer and show them the sheets. Tell them it's running too rich and they need to fix it. :)

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
that is what i want to know im like sitting therr expceting something in the 200's and he is like 178

i was just like what the hell

someone else please dyno there car hopefully someone with barry's mod and the vac hose mod

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
navymitch12 said:
that is what i want to know im like sitting therr expceting something in the 200's and he is like 178

i was just like what the hell

someone else please dyno there car hopefully someone with barry's mod and the vac hose mod

Like I said, I'm supposed to be going Saturday with Metalhead. I have my airbox removed but currently have the vaccuum hose plugged back onto the solenoid. I'll definitely pull it off and plug it for one of my runs though.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks JPK i think i am gonna wait till sunday or monday to go to saturn i want to see what your results are, but if your actually get some good numbers i am gonna be paying my first visit to saturn, well the one down here

·
Registered
351 Posts
Running Rich

Mine is doing that to running rich. Something is off. I do know there is another ecu upgrade coming out this month for those with starting problems do to the running rich and cam sensor. I hope they hurry on this. Still having starting problems and getting tried of waiting on my dealer to fix this problem

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
have u taken it to the dealership about this problem (the richness) and what have they told u

·
Registered
609 Posts
All dynos are going to be different, i bet if you went somewhere else you would get different numbers. The good thing is that you do see a gain from this mod, thats what this dyno was for. :D

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i did not even think to ask if it was a 3rd or 4th, i did not think it made that much of a differance in the numbers. does it?

it was not the hp and tq numbers that made me really upset it was how rich the car was i know if it was more lean i would get better numbers i just want to know why its so rich

1 - 20 of 35 Posts