Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the link for the part: Stainless Racing Header Manifold Downpipe Exhaust 05 10 Chevy Cobalt SS ion 2 0L | eBay

it's surprisingly good quality with the welds and came with everything needed to be installed to stock catback or after market 2.5" installation was very easy, the threads on bungs on the header and dp threaded to the stock sensors no problem, only issue i had was since its a long tube header the new placement for the first o2 sensor was now to far back to be reconnected so my builder had to cut and solder high quality wires to extend it about 2" other then that it fits PERFECTLY obviously stock heat shield will not bolt up to this, the v band didn't not come with a gasket that kind of bummed me out but for the price cant complain other then that the dp and header gaskets were higher quality then expected. obviously since its a catless dp my car got louder, if you like loud then its perfect if you dont then id suggest adding a resonator to your catback, power wise i cant give you exact number without a dyno, but it definitely pulls better up top in 3rd and 4th gear and definitely gained low end torque due to the 4-1 design noticeable when in 5th gear at 65mph it picks up alot better while accelerating still in 5th, boost was not effected for me it stayed at 12psi, my supporting mods are custom cai and custom 2.5" catback with twin loop muffler. so far i say its worth the money shipping was fast and packaging was nice. but the true test of value will be the test of time i will re-review this header after a few months. hope this helps. fell free to ask any questions if you fell i left anything out.

vid of my exhaust before and after install of the header and dp

·
F_ck Bates
5,376 Posts
Glad ur happy. v bands do not come with gaskets. That's the point of a v band.

F_ck Bates

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glad ur happy. v bands do not come with gaskets. That's the point of a v band.

F_ck Bates
ah i see, well my friend that was helping me put it together said good v bands come with gaskets? guess he has no idea either haha either way thanks for the info, always down with leaning something new! :)

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
ah i see, well my friend that was helping me put it together said good v bands come with gaskets? guess he has no idea either haha either way thanks for the info, always down with leaning something new! :)
No gasket needed, a little anti-seize can be good on the v band and bolt threads if you ever want to remove it though. That is a hell of a deal for any header, let us know how it holds up

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No gasket needed, a little anti-seize can be good on the v band and bolt threads if you ever want to remove it though. That is a hell of a deal for any header, let us know how it holds up
sweet thanks! and i will keep you guys updated, just got back from the mountains, ran with a few subi's lol, after that abuse the header held up. so far so good...

·
Registered
111 Posts
So it didn't line up with the 02 sensor?
How much was it off by? I'm considering buying this right now but don't want to have to mess with that lol.

·
F_ck Bates
5,376 Posts
Zzp makes a cheap 1 foot extension.

F_ck Bates

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
I'm interested to see how this product holds up.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've had the catless ZZP longtube on my car about 9 months and the sound will mellow a little once some carbon builds up in it.
You are right it has mellowed out!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm interested to see how this product holds up.
So far so good, only issue so far is the o2 turn down on the downpipe some how got so hot that it got close enough to touch the downpipe so it was ringing like crazy but I bent it back to normal position and it's perfect again, other then that it's all good!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So far so good still, been running my car hard with canyon run after canyon run and the occasional roll race, no leaks or cracks, only issue I have had (not sure if I have stated this before) is that the gasket it comes with for the section that meets the actual exhaust blew out in the 1st week, replaced it with a GM OEM gasket, no issues since then :) very happy with the product, still worth the price to me!

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
You may have a winner here, definitely cannot go wrong with that price point

·
1,587 Posts
So just an FYI I sent them a message asking the following:
How long have you been producing these or do you get them from a distributor?

Any word on how they hold up in the long run?

And here is there response ...

We actually started selling these in November. So far 12 sold and all positive feedback. One did note that the front o2 sensor did need to have the wires extended tho.

- Will
Customer Support
speed_daddy

·
Moderator/Internet Fight Champion
2,332 Posts
Give them props for full disclosure. Looks like a solid buy from an honest seller.

Ben

1 - 20 of 30 Posts