Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
I also asked if they had any with the second bung fer O2 and they said it was something I would have to handle because they just sell them they dont make them.

·
Registered
111 Posts
question ;
This bolted up to my stock catback so I am assuming that if I were to order a ZZP catback that I would get the "bolts up to 2.5" flange" option correct?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Sorry to necro but does anyone happen to know the diameter of the "cat" part the of the down pipe?

·
Registered
879 Posts
Looks like ZZP has addressed this on the Ebay page for their longtube header: "Don't confuse ours with what some low life sellers are selling on ebay trying to copy our product. We investigated what they have and they indeed bought ours to try to copy ours, but in fact what they are selling has NO cat which will set off a check engine light for sure and you will fail any type of emission testings, there's leaks because angle on the downpipe is NOT correct, the V band clamp included will break leaving you stranded and they are so clueless that they say it is compatible with turbo model Cobalts. If they had any common sense they would know it is impossible for this to bolt onto a turbo car. You get what you pay for is all I have to say. You get quality here and worthless garbage over there. Everybody wants to save money, but in the end you will end up tossing out that garbage and buying ours anyways after you struggle with the issues the garbage will cause you. You do not want any exhaust leaks in a header setup. Your car will be slower than it was with a stock manifold. Our combo here includes a Magnaflow high flow catalytic converter that is 49 state legal and retails alone for over $120. We fabricate this right here in the U.S. with the highest of standards. Ours is guaranteed to bolt up perfect and include everything and will not fail!"

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Nice to see that ZZP is calling them out on it.

·
Registered
676 Posts
ZZP did a pretty terrible job at addressing that.

Should have left it at "You get what you pay for is all I have to say."

Sound way to whiny at the fact that folks are creating cheap cost/quality alternatives.

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Haha! I agree, it probably is a scarily good knockoff.. I would still through my dollars towards zzp.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I've had the setup since October. The only issue came up a month later when I was having my O2 bung welded in and the mechanic broke the V-band clamp. He said they usually break because they are improperly installed in the first place. We replaced it with a $50.00 clamp used to secure the turbo to a Cummins Diesel and haven't had an issue since. The gaskets seem ok. I haven't noticed any leaking, however, my stock cat back doesn't sound very good with the higher flow of exhaust running through it. I don't think the stock resonator really appreciates it haha.. It's sort of a weird static sound you can hear on heavy acceleration. All in all, a good purchase as far as I can tell.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts