Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On ****'s website, I noticed some slotted rotors. Just did a track day at Mid-Ohio and want more efficient brakes. Stock rotors and pads aren't cutting it lol. Anyone know anything about these EBC USR rotors and the Yellowstuff pads? Or are the Redstuff the more track oriented pads? Help please!!!!

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
that willwood stuff is good. cross drilled rotors are not. The CED Brembo conversion is 872.00 - a little cheaper, 314 mm OEM blank rotors.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
would you recommend drilled or slotted? which is better for track? and are EBC pads crap too? I've read some good reviews about their yellowstuff ultrahigh performance pads.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that willwood stuff is good. cross drilled rotors are not. The CED Brembo conversion is 872.00 - a little cheaper, 314 mm OEM blank rotors.
John, you don't have the wilwood kit do you? I noticed your rotors are slotted. The only ones I can find are ATE, StopTech and the wilwood kit (for another $100), but the wilwood kit is only for the front. I'd want slotted or drilled all around, on all four

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
posted already. you want slots? machine an oem blank. they have machinists in Ohio, expect to pay 25 dollars per rotor, four slots is enough, just a straight groove at about 30 degrees, machined to half of maximum wear thickness of the rotor each side.

carbotech or cobalt pads for the track. if you must. I run stock pads.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
posted already. you want slots? machine an oem blank. they have machinists in Ohio, expect to pay 25 dollars per rotor, four slots is enough, just a straight groove at about 30 degrees, machined to half of maximum wear thickness of the rotor each side.

carbotech or cobalt pads for the track. if you must. I run stock pads.
cobalt ss/sc or tc? the turbo won't fit redline calipers right?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
either way. when i ran stock redline calipers or with brembo's OEM pads suited me best.
I think I'm going to slot the stock redline rotors, and get carbotechs. any specific pads you would recommend? I am on street most of the time, but I am doing track days.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hi-temp fluid is cheap and helps a lot, My 2 cents.
Thanks, but I've already put in dot 4. I saw a dot 5 and 5.1, and one of them wasn't abs compatible, and the other was a weird synthetic. At mid-oh I just got a little bit soft pedal, but that's because we only had one cool down lap. I think I'll stick with the dot 4, but what are you running? you might have different experiences.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts