Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so ill start out buy saying Hiya, im a recent 05 Redline owner, bought mine on the 28th of may.
She is silver, and screams like a bitch now.

Ok so i was luck put on my KNN cold air last night, the didnt ship the 2 rubber sleeves, ended up throing Code last night, Got in the car this morning everying was fine, fun on the new sleeve she runs like a champ and u can hear her scream from like 2-3 blocks away.

Any ways, im not sure if i have an 04 or 05, Why ill tell ya, everything says 05 on it, but after roaming these boards for a month or so i notice the 04 has a recall on the Cam sensor housing, well my dealer called im taking it in tomorrow to have it fixed.

So do i have an 04 or 05??

2nd i asked about the ecu updates, and the lady went and checked with the teck and he said since im getting the cam sensor fixed i dont need the ecu update.

Now is thes BS? or true? should i tell them to update it any ways??

All your opinions are welcome,
Thanks guys/girls

CruwL

·
Registered
162 Posts
Cruwl said:
ok so ill start out buy saying Hiya, im a recent 05 Redline owner, bought mine on the 28th of may.
She is silver, and screams like a bitch now.

Ok so i was luck put on my KNN cold air last night, the didnt ship the 2 rubber sleeves, ended up throing Code last night, Got in the car this morning everying was fine, fun on the new sleeve she runs like a champ and u can hear her scream from like 2-3 blocks away.

Any ways, im not sure if i have an 04 or 05, Why ill tell ya, everything says 05 on it, but after roaming these boards for a month or so i notice the 04 has a recall on the Cam sensor housing, well my dealer called im taking it in tomorrow to have it fixed.

2nd i asked about the ecu updates, and the lady went and checked with the teck and he said since im getting the cam sensor fixed i dont need the ecu update.

Now is thes BS? or true? should i tell them to update it any ways??

All your opinions are welcome,
Thanks guys/girls

CruwL
As far as I know, you have to have BOTH the ECU reflash along with the cam sensor housing fixed. I mean, if you didnt need both of them, then they both wouldnt have been released seperatly... just a thought.

·
Registered
754 Posts
My 05 needed the cam sensor done also.My Rl has run great ever since I bought it in Feb.You could check your title to see if it says 04 or 05 or look in the door and see what month it was built.Mine was built in oct of 04.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
My '05 did as well, but you bought it recently enough that the work should have been performed prior to your purchase of the car. I believe. The dealership will know, you should be able to call and ask the service manager about these two details. Inquire as to whether the newer 05's have had the Cam Recall done, etc. I would assume that it's been done before you got it.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Cruwl said:
Just look at the 10th digit of your VIN (serial number) viewable in the RH lower corner of your windshield.
4=2004
5=2005

*If they called you in then you should go in and have the updates done. Some bulletins and campaigns are not routinely done to standing stock at the dealership, and Saturn may wait until they are sold, to issue the recall notice.
So get in there and get the work done, and dont forget to ask them to check your intercooler pump wiring for being backwards- they'll know what you're talking about.
Regards
WopOnTour

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I dropped her off last night at the dealer to get worked on today.
I called them earlier today and caught them while she was up on the lift i asked them to check the wiring of the IC pump, said they would look up the way its sopose to be wired and see if it needed to be changed.

They didnt say anything about an ECU update tho, i know this Car has to be a bit old cuase i test drove over 4 months befor i got it(the same Car).
The dealer here jsut doesnt sell them to much i guess, but it is really an 04 i got F*ck hard on i paid 19.5 and that was with my GMS discount.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Ya know, you have 30 days to turn the car back in. Don't let 'em screw you like that... if you paid for an '05, then you sure as hell should get one. That said, the difference between a late model '04 and an early '05 is nothing. I don't think there's anything at all that's really different...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts