Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Edelbrock RPM Muffler install

Ok, I got sick of the straight pipe. Didn't sound as good as I thought after a while, plus I swear I could feel a moderate loss in mid range torque. My dad had a few stainless 2 1/2 offset/center RPM mufflers in the garage so I picked one up to see what it sounds like. Much better. It has a deeper tone to it but not too loud. Not a ton louder than the stock muffler but noticable. Pluss it feels like the mid range torque is back. They are available from Jeg's for 89.99 and again are stainless. Jeg's part #350-5502. Heres some pics of the fitment and I will try to get some sound files incase anyone is intrested in this muffler.

http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=1293&prmenbr=361

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Did you do the whole exhaust MotorMouth? Or just the last section and the muffler?

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just replaced the muffler. Went from 2.25 just past the axle into the muffler and used the stock tip, that pipe is 2.5 and fits with the muffler

·
Registered
863 Posts
i'd like to hear it:)

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
flowmaster stainless

I almost ran a rpm but from my v8 days I just had to try a flowmaster. It looks like we installed them pretty much the same keeping the stock tip. I did use some manderal bent pipe and went over the axle replacing all of the 2 1/4" with 2 1/2" you can see the joint in the pic.

·
Registered
366 Posts
motormouth, you got to let me hear it this weekend

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Raven said:
motormouth, you got to let me hear it this weekend
Sure. I'll be at the meet this weekend.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts