Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen a couple of posts on here that say about how the Rl has an electrical power steering system. I was talking with my dad abiut it and he said that he has never heard this before can someone tell me about our RL steering system. Thanks

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
BoKaThUg1 said:
I have seen a couple of posts on here that say about how the Rl has an electrical power steering system. I was talking with my dad abiut it and he said that he has never heard this before can someone tell me about our RL steering system. Thanks
I'm not an expert, but it works in a similar way to any other power steering. There is a sensor that detects when the steering wheel is moving, and a motor and gearset that works, for all practical purposes, like regular power steering. It dosen't require a pump for the engine to spin, and it seems to do much better in the cold. Electric motors have some serious torque to them, GM used to have an electric car that would outrun a Miata around an oval track.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
323 Posts
Basically there is a control module who's output is attached to the motor. the processor takes inputs such as vehicle speed and torque applied to the steering wheel to come up with the amount of assist needed. i should know, i make them. not for the redline though, mine are made by motorola and go in the G6 and Malibu, all epsilon based cars and fiat and opel cars

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
One convincing piece of evidents that you can tell your Dad about it being is electric is telling him to find where to put the power steering fluid for the pump (hint: there is none).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts