Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i had my car up on the lift yesterday looking for a knocking noise in the front end. At first i thought it was my intake that had popped loose again. It did that like twice on me. Well after checking it out and seeing that it was tight, i moved on to check the rest of the front to find my passenger side endlink wasted. I was wondering whats the best aftermarket option for endlinks? I know photo had a problem with the bwoody ones breaking the strut mounting location off the strut. Anyone got any suggestions?

·
DSLSJA Godfather
12,303 Posts
Please re read =)

I had an issue with the Proto type race versions. I've used their normal/current upgrades for a long time with zero issues now. I've also used the Dezod's too and liked them as well.

They are a noticeable upgrade from stock. Use the search.gif

=)

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Please re read =)

I had an issue with the Proto type race versions. I've used their normal/current upgrades for a long time with zero issues now. I've also used the Dezod's too and liked them as well.

They are a noticeable upgrade from stock. Use the View attachment 11390

=)
i tried using the search but i was looking for a certain company and it didn't come up in the searches. That why i started this thread in this new section we have here.

·
The Professor
3,821 Posts
i just put on my set of powergridinc endlinks this morning. after driving around and testing them out, i would strongly recommend them. qwik and maven both say they're the best as well

Powergrid, Inc.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i just put on my set of powergridinc endlinks this morning. after driving around and testing them out, i would strongly recommend them. qwik and maven both say they're the best as well

Powergrid, Inc.
AH HA!! Thats the company i was looking for but couldn't remember the name. Now i was just reading on there site about the adjustments and what not but it pretty much confused the shit outta me. How did you adjust yours? And were they a pain in the ass to install??

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
they are hella easy to put in....about as easy as spark plugs :) takes about 30 mins with simple tools, a jack, and a jackstand

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
they are hella easy to put in....about as easy as spark plugs :) takes about 30 mins with simple tools, a jack, and a jackstand
putting in wouldn't be a problem.....its the whole adjusting part to make them work the best they can. You know what i mean. I mainly use the car for a DD but i do have ALOT of backroads that i like to take and have a little fun on.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
powergrid ftw!...easy install,great service,beautifully made product!....hey i know they are a little more expensive but you get what you pay for!...also know that they are not suppoprting vendors but i challenge the current manufacturers/vendors to produce a similar heim joint [sealed] and quality piece!......colm.:fight:

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
powergrid ftw!...easy install,great service,beautifully made product!....hey i know they are a little more expensive but you get what you pay for!...also know that they are not suppoprting vendors but i challenge the current manufacturers/vendors to produce a similar heim joint [sealed] and quality piece!......colm.:fight:
what about adjusting?? i know you have a set on your car. how did you adjust yours?

·
The Professor
3,821 Posts
agreed

adjusting is simple. but you want to make DAMN sure that they are both the exact same length, otherwise, your car will oversteer in one direction, and understeer in the other.

stock is exactly 12" from the center of the bolt on one end to the center of the bolt on the other end. i made both of them this length, installed, and took a test drive. they worked beautifully. i then adjusted about 3/8" shorter on both sides (to a total length of 11 5/8"), and it's even better. you don't want to make them too short, as they will cause more understeer in driving your car, unless you add a rear sway bar to the car to more or less even it out.

remember, as i was told by the handling god Maven - longer = more comfortable, shorter = firmer.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
agreed

adjusting is simple. but you want to make DAMN sure that they are both the exact same length, otherwise, your car will oversteer in one direction, and understeer in the other.

stock is exactly 12" from the center of the bolt on one end to the center of the bolt on the other end. i made both of them this length, installed, and took a test drive. they worked beautifully. i then adjusted about 3/8" shorter on both sides (to a total length of 11 5/8"), and it's even better. you don't want to make them too short, as they will cause more understeer in driving your car, unless you add a rear sway bar to the car to more or less even it out.

remember, as i was told by the handling god Maven - longer = more comfortable, shorter = firmer.
yup..i forgot to mention the difference the rear sway bar makes...the combo of the sway bar and the powergrid endlinks makes for a much better handling car...a lot more fun to drive at the limit.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
agreed

Thanks.....thats exactly what i needed to know. So if i want to keep it stock-like, just leave it at the 12" and if i was a little firmer just shorter both sides up exactly the same amount. Sweet. I'll be ordering a set of these when i order my tein lowering spring. might as well put them in when i lower the car.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yup..i forgot to mention the difference the rear sway bar makes...the combo of the sway bar and the powergrid endlinks makes for a much better handling car...a lot more fun to drive at the limit.
what rear bar is the best for our cars anyway? I've never really looked into that......

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
i have the bwoody full race adjustable bar....works awesome!!! took the lean out of the back all together!! the progress rear sway bar is a nice setup too.....just not adjustable.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
what rear bar is the best for our cars anyway? I've never really looked into that......
personally I like the progress rear bar..I am a firm believer in craftsmanship... when I took the progress bar out of the box i was impressed that it was such a nicely made piece.I know that there are stouter/thicker bars out there and I am not an engineer , but i really like the progress bar and the rest of my suspension mods especially at the track.I also have a js strut tower brace btw..a lot of guys on here feel that its a useless addition because out strut towers are very close to the firewall and as a result should have minimal deflection but my purely unscientific ass felt the difference when i mounted it [before any other suspension mods].. i have tein springs as well. colm.

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
those guys are full of shit.....strut braces work great...i noticed a night and day difference after i installed mine. front end got helllllla stiffer!!

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
personally I like the progress rear bar..I am a firm believer in craftsmanship... when I took the progress bar out of the box i was impressed that it was such a nicely made piece.I know that there are stouter/thicker bars out there and I am not an engineer , but i really like the progress bar and the rest of my suspension mods especially at the track.I also have a js strut tower brace btw..a lot of guys on here feel that its a useless addition because out strut towers are very close to the firewall and as a result should have minimal deflection but my purely unscientific ass felt the difference when i mounted it [before any other suspension mods].. i have tein springs as well. colm.
yea i was gunna get a strut tower bar as well when i did all this. Might as well get all the suspension done at once and not have to worry about it for awhile. Hey could you post pics on your car from the side angles with the springs installed? I wanna see how it looks in silver, since mines the same color. Also how much did they(teins) lower total?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts