Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

Does anyone have any pictures of the 2.0SC engine from the side/front etc?

I have the 3 1/4 ones from GM parts site... :)

Cheers, Paul.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
navymitch12 said:
check my car domain site its in my sig there are some on there
Thanks - i was more after shots of the engine out or nearly out of the car.... Just trying to get a handle on whats what for a 2.2 swap.

Cheers, Paul.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
there was a 3d engine model somewhere on this site (never really looked at it at work) don't know what you'd want to search for though. maybe others will chime in with it for you. i guess it was pretty cool though, and should be really helpfull to you if you know what to do with just some pictures.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
its not mine but it is a true WS6 formula, and i know very rare car he was actually able to put classic insurance on it because its soo rare and he only drives in summer, when its not raining (drag radials dont like rain)

·
Registered
84 Posts
navymitch12 said:
its not mine but it is a true WS6 formula, and i know very rare car he was actually able to put classic insurance on it because its soo rare and he only drives in summer, when its not raining (drag radials dont like rain)
Still very Nice!

·
Registered
681 Posts
Updated photos, after the AEM short ram install, repainted valve cover, and some braided steel...

Black powder coated wheels happening this week...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Jim Lewis said:
Updated photos, after the AEM short ram install, repainted valve cover, and some braided steel...

Black powder coated wheels happening this week...
Jim, tell us about your wheels... Are you powder coating the stock ones? or are you buying new ones? Also have you done your rotors/calipers?

How much are the wheels going to cost?

·
Registered
681 Posts
I'm having the stock wheels powder coated black, since I can't find anything out there that isn't $400-600 per wheel that's any lighter than our stock forged wheels. I'm getting all four done for $100, the car is on jackstands as we speak, and I'm taking the wheels to my buddy in my school's Hot Rod Division tomorrow, he'll take them to his Amish metal fab dude - they should be ready Thursday.

I just painted the calipers and rotor hats/edges with gloss black paint. That'll do, just a nice clean look until I get some cool rotors and some 4-piston (likely powder coated) calipers.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Jim, your car looks sharp! Question for you, what tire size do you have on there?

·
Registered
681 Posts
MotorMouth said:
Jim, your car looks sharp! Question for you, what tire size do you have on there?
Those are 225/45-17 Falken Azenis Sports, only 10mm larger than stock, but due to the sidewall stiffness and gnarly nature, they look WAY beefy. They also rub slightly when all four of us are in the car - the boys weigh 190 and 210, and the car is lowered 1.8". Shoulda stayed with the stock size. They were also a BITCH to mount. Strongest sidewalls of any tires I've ever mounted, and I've mounted thousands.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Jim Lewis said:
Those are 225/45-17 Falken Azenis Sports, only 10mm larger than stock, but due to the sidewall stiffness and gnarly nature, they look WAY beefy. They also rub slightly when all four of us are in the car - the boys weigh 190 and 210, and the car is lowered 1.8". Shoulda stayed with the stock size. They were also a BITCH to mount. Strongest sidewalls of any tires I've ever mounted, and I've mounted thousands.
How's the ride on them? I would think with the stiff walls they might be a little harsh. Also, how much different is the radius? I could calculate it but I'm too lazy to look for the formula. :D

Thanks

Campbell

1 - 20 of 20 Posts