Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are these crazy electronic boxes over the spark plugs. And Guess what else...on the back of the cover it says SAAB and has a part number lol. It could have atleast said GM, and yes I know the Oil pan says SAAB also.

Attachments

·
Registered
674 Posts
Individual coil packs are gooder :D . Lost of spark energy available for when we turn up the boost.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
MotorMouth said:
Individual coil packs are gooder :D . Lost of spark energy available for when we turn up the boost.
Not good when it comes time to replace.....I'd rather pay $24 bucks for 4 spark plugs then over a hunderd per coil.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
wait a tick when u have to do your plugs you have to replace the coils also?

·
Registered
351 Posts
No you don't have to replace the coils. Just the plugs. No need to mess with these coils. I have been told by my local perforamce shop that these are really good and there is no need to upgrade them.

·
Registered
650 Posts
its called coil on plug they use it on 'vetts and feraris and vipers and shit like that

·
Registered
293 Posts
Corvettes don't exactly have coil-on-plug. There is a single coil pack for every plug, but they are connected by about 8" of wire. The Redline's coils connect directly to the plug, which is very nice and efficient.

·
Registered
650 Posts
linenoyz said:
Corvettes don't exactly have coil-on-plug. There is a single coil pack for every plug, but they are connected by about 8" of wire. The Redline's coils connect directly to the plug, which is very nice and efficient.
Oh yeah your right my bad. I totally forgot that the 'vetts coils were not on the plug

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Vette's weren't coil-on-plug but the most radical coil-on-plug equipped car I ever saw was my previous car - a 2004 Vibe; yes that little Toyota econo-motor had coil-on-plug. But you don't have to replace the coil. At least, probably not often . . . I don't know.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
don't they only require service every 100,000 miles or so? i know there's not much in the form of a tuneup for our cars really

1 - 12 of 12 Posts