Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for the exact measurements for the speaker openings and depths for all locations, if anyone has measured them please let me know, i haven't been able to take my car apart yet. i know the speaker sizes are 6.5" - 6.75". i think the mounting depth of the door is 2.5" thanks everyone in advance.

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
I am looking at my owners maunal for the speakers that I put in the front doors. I used Kicker RS6 componets. These fit without any trouble in the door. We had to sort of rig the tweeter so as to not damage the factory mounting prongs in case I put the old speakers back in, though:

Woofer 5.33 depth 6.2 diameter
Tweeter .63 depth 2.5 diameter
all in inches

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, is that woofer depth supposed to be 2.33" and not 5.33? ive looked at crutchfield and it seems all the speakers that fit in the front doors are no deeper than 2.5", but i didnt look at mounting diamater. anyone measure either?

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
The specs say 5.33 for the mid mounting depth. I know that the speakers were larger than 2.5 inches deep, but I cannot remember exactly. Check on crutchfield.com to see if the Kicker RS6 will fit in the car. They fit in mine without any problems. I used the factory mounting piece and just remoed the factory speakers. Worked fine for me

1 - 4 of 4 Posts