Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
uh no its a decimal ... fractions. 4/3 people have trouble with fractions.

·
Banned
177 Posts
WopOnTour said:
Here's a couple of pics of the stock L61 manifold that I took. Looks to me like they (GM) have seriously (and intentionally) pinched it off.The LSJ has both larger primaries AND a lot bigger (and ROUND!) collector too...
Notice those are images of a L61 manifold not an LSJ manifold. The LSJ manifold on both the Cobalt SS and RedLine is the same. I have seen (let’s just say) every casting GM makes for the EOCTEC series of engines and done both flow testing and volume calculations on each – while the shorty-cheater has the highest flow and volume it still flows less than a true merged collector header.

·
Registered
68 Posts
SCdyne said:
Notice those are images of a L61 manifold not an LSJ manifold. The LSJ manifold on both the Cobalt SS and RedLine is the same. I have seen (let’s just say) every casting GM makes for the EOCTEC series of engines and done both flow testing and volume calculations on each – while the shorty-cheater has the highest flow and volume it still flows less than a true merged collector header.
Would the LSJ manifold fit on the L61?

...and would the downpipe connect at the same point (in space) ?

Cheers, Paul.

·
Registered
804 Posts
selfinfliction said:
you know you just contridicted yourself, right? ;)
He was discussing cast manifolds and compared the best of those (cheater) to a merged collector fabricated manifold.

Pierre

·
Registered
1 Posts
I cant really speak for the LSJ crowd but i had my head ported and polished. Basically just a gasket match and SLIGHTLY opening things up. Nothing too crazy. I noticed my spool time got slightly better but that could also be from a few other things during the engine build. "Like it"

21 - 29 of 29 Posts