Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Was Wondering What Brand Would Be The Best For A Ion Redline, I Was Going For Borla And Maybe A 3" Pipe

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
i love my magnaflow with 2 1/2

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
close2gournd1 said:
I Was Wondering What Brand Would Be The Best For A Ion Redline, I Was Going For Borla And Maybe A 3" Pipe
I like Borla personally... little pricey, but nice. Magnaflow seems pretty good, haven't had much experience with them before. I like the way their 2.5" cat-back sounds... if they ever release it..

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
mins not the cat back but just the muffler and it sounds just like that.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Sp00ner said:
I like Borla personally... little pricey, but nice. Magnaflow seems pretty good, haven't had much experience with them before. I like the way their 2.5" cat-back sounds... if they ever release it..
When have you heard how the Redline sounds with that magnaflow?

Edited: nevermind i found it.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
thermal research will have the bolt on cat back out in 2 weeks just so you all know.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
I have dual magnaflows. Sound Deep

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
zfactor said:
thermal research will have the bolt on cat back out in 2 weeks just so you all know.
I've heard good things about Thermal R&D exhausts; not much to look at, but everybody who put one on their Vibe said it was great - good sound, good price, etc. So I'd be interested to see that.

I'd really love to get a dual setup like Goofy's; you got yours done at the dealership you bought the car from, correct? How much did they run you to do that? Because it looks SHARP.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Is it really possible to make a hi flow cat? If it was wouldnt car makers already put them on? I wonder how restricitve they are and how un-restrictive they could actually be made....

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
A good cat will take around 3-8 hp, depending... MOST of the time on a performace car, it's along the lines of 1-3... I think Vita said our car is the same one they use in on trucks...

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
not yet but expect i geuss 5-600 dollars if it compares to the other ones they did. could be less.

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
u gotta worry about the insides blowing out with the off brands.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
We need a resonator AND a muffler to keep good sound at the end of the tailpipe. The best for a car like this, and most cars, is a straight-through muffler... the resonator keeps the sound from becoming like a Honda with a 4" fart can..

·
Registered
366 Posts
Ravin is not an off-brand. they are the same design as flowmaster

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.