Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My superintendent woke me up at 1:00 to tell me that someone tried to steal my rims and my car is sitting on blocks. I went out and they managed to get 3 tires off and were down to the last bolt when our site security guard scared them off. I called the police and was with them wile they filed the report and took finger prints until 4:00am. They I have to put the tires back.

The good news is that I still have the tires.
The bad news it that when the car went down on the blocks it broke the rocker pannel (sp?). That's going to cost $450 (canadian) for the part, installation and paint.

I wish I caught the assholes.

Oh by the way the security guard didn't get the license plate but they drove off in a recent model Lexus (no Lexus thefts reported that day).

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Insurance claim?

·
Registered
617 Posts
I'd love to see the look on the thieves faces tho if they did get the rims... When they try to put em on a car with a 5 lug pattern, it can only fit on a few cars hahahah

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
I'd like to see the look on their face as my car drives over it...

·
Registered
617 Posts
Even better.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
I fucking HATE thieves. May they get caught and shot in the near future.

Time for some wheel locks now, eh geokots?

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
JPK said:
I fucking HATE thieves. May they get caught and shot in the near future.

Time for some wheel locks now, eh geokots?
wheel locks... now there's a discussion.
I went to Saturn this morning (worried that they might come back to finish the job) and the only wheel locks that they have are these ugly brass coloured things. These are supposed to go under the rim covers. They have nothing for the Redline that will protect the wheels and look ok.

What are you guys using.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Wheel locks

I managed to get my wheel locks from the Saturn dealer no problems.

·
Registered
291 Posts
i just went to auto zone and got wheel locks for my car... my saturn dealer tried to charge me something like 99 bucks as an add on for wheel locks i told them hell no take em off

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
My Redline came with Wheel Locks because 2 sets of Redline Rims got stolen off the dealer lot. They only Charged me $35 for them though. Now every Redline that comes in gets the wheel locks put on.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I got the wheel lock from Canadian Tire (I know that means nothing to most of you) for $39.99 Canadian. It took a few tries to get the right ones becuase they didn't have the redline in their system (either the bolt was too long or the thread too tight). So that part is solved.
Next I need to come up with $450 to get the rocker panel replaced.

Also and probably more importantly the suspension seems off. It feels kinda soft. Any ideas? The alignment feels ok, tires seem fine. What could be causeing it?
There is a real possibility that I'm over analyzing it and looking for something wrong but it just doesn't feel right.

* Also here's a pic of how I found it last night.

Attachments

·
Registered
389 Posts
in TO??...those bastards!!...shit I just bought new rims, I better be careful. But I got wheel locks. But still that's too close to my area. I'll keep an eye out for a lexus around my RL.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Wheel Locks - Gorilla Automotive Products

geokots said:
wheel locks... now there's a discussion.
I went to Saturn this morning (worried that they might come back to finish the job) and the only wheel locks that they have are these ugly brass coloured things. These are supposed to go under the rim covers. They have nothing for the Redline that will protect the wheels and look ok.

What are you guys using.
Sorry to hear about that, Geokots! Are you in Scarborough by any chance (not that Oshawa is necessarily any better)? My Saturn dealer in Whitby (Motorcity Saturn :) ) actually included a set of silver Wheel Locks in the trunk when I picked up my Red Line last month. They're made by a company called Gorilla Automotive Products. The Label says:

12MM x 1.50
HEX SOCKET
Bar Code: 0 12619 20631 5​

Here's a picture of the packaging. I hope this helps!

-Whoops! I guess I'm too late... I hope that you're happy with the locks that you got. Hopefully someone else (Campbell?) can use the information. BTW what's the part number of the rocker panel? Maybe I can ask my dealer what their cost would be for me...

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
geokots said:
Well I got the wheel lock from Canadian Tire (I know that means nothing to most of you) for $39.99 Canadian. It took a few tries to get the right ones becuase they didn't have the redline in their system (either the bolt was too long or the thread too tight). So that part is solved.
Could you tell me the part number? I was wasting time in Cambodia Tire the other day, trying to pick one that would fit.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi Icon, the part # is probably on the estimate which isn't here so I'll have to post that tomorrow.
I'm in Thornhill not Scarborough. Not that it matters becuase infortunately there are assholes eveywhere

Hi Campbell, just like above I don't have the part number here so I'll have to post that tomorrow as well. BTW the fit is perfect and looks pretty good too.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Get your lock nuts from McGard.

http://www.mcgard.com/automotive/

Easily one of the best companies I've ever dealt with. The locks themselves are great quality. And when, after 3 years of ownership, I lost my key, I phoned them up, snapped and sent them a picture of my wheel nuts, and in two days they sent me a new key.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts