Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Banned
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There have been a few TVS threads lately and someone asked for a FAQ on the TVS/Harrop-lsj1320, but the thread is going in a diff direction because of random bantering.

For a start:

Required Bare Minimum:
60# Injectors
Tune

HIGHLY Recommended: Basically required for any decent numbers
Intake
-or-
3" Intake
Header
3" dp
3" exhaust
Any combination of: Dual Pass (+/- Opt B), H/E, Meth
Clutch
Solid Motor/Tranny Mounts
-or-
Rotated Tranny Mounts
Return-style Fuel System for smaller than the "stock" 80mm pulley
-or-
larger injectors (72#)

Good extras
LS4 Throttle Body
Internals
Head port/polish
Upgraded Valvetrain

Vendors of the TVS/Harrop-lsj1320
OTTPerformance
JBP
Harrop-USA

My Personal Experience
My setup was the bare minimum. My last dyno was 318/288 @ 7,395rpm w/ afr of 11.9 and 17* timing @ 69*F w/ 48% humidity; and was still on the way up. Stock air box mod, pacesetter header, 3" catless dp, 3" custom exhaust, secondary cobra h/e, no meth. IAT2's topped at 133*F after the third pull. My 2.6/60's setup hit 160+ IAT2's after multiple runs and dyno'd in at 258/239.

Questions
so just out of curiosity, would it help if you tried to port the TVS at all? and i noticed that is doesnt the silencer holes like the m62 yet it is still a quieter whine for some reason any one know?
The TVS is designed for maximum performance and a direct statement from HARROP itself states: "Porting the HTV1320 can and will decrease performance and void warranty. Through extensive testing it has been designed to be the most effective directly from the manufacturer"

What PSI can I expect from "x" pulley?
64mm / 2.5" ~ 27.5 psi
70mm / 2.75" ~ 25 psi
75mm / 2.95" ~ 22.5 psi
80mm / 3.15" ~ 20 psi
85mm / 3.35" ~ 17.5 psi
89mm / 3.5" ~15psi

i have a question that i havent been able to find the answer to,is the tvs just more efficiant at the boost level its equivalent to on the m62 or is it more efficiant lets say 2.85 pulley to 2.85 pulley as far as less heat and such?
Over all, the CFM is more per rpm because the blower is 1.32L compared to our m62 with 1.0L. More cfm = more air at same psi. Also, the 160* twist to the rotors helps with building boost with less heat. So yes, 2.8 pulley on m62 is hotter IAT, lower PSI, and lower CFM. All are better with the TVS

i've already spent the 250 on my K&N .... will it fit up to the TVS... if not what needs to be done and/or who sells one that will fit??
Yes, the 2.5" intakes will work with the TVS. It's more of a matter of what Throttle Body you are running and use a coupler to make up the difference from the K&N to an LS4 throttle body.

Personally, I'm still on stock air box mod

how hard is it to install any how tos or pics?
There's a how-to on here. It varies slightly from a how-to to swapping pullies on the M62. Only diff is you need to make a modification to the MAP sensor and angle it to fit beneath the housing of the TVS and adjust your oil dipstick. Piece of cake.

If I'm making more than 20psi, what will happen to my stock boost gauge? Will it just max out? What can I do about this?
Your stock boost gauge will max out, then zero out after a bit. If you want a gauge that maintains the stock look but can go higher, you may want to consider an SS T/C boost gauge. It is plug & play compatible with 05--07 supercharged models.

You can buy one here: Cobalt Boost Gauge # 25800715 - Crate Engine Depot

·
Registered
11,403 Posts
I have to argue the "required" list, as really, the requirements should be listed based off pulley size and max rpm the engine will see. According to the flow numbers someone could easily run the blower with a 3.35 - 3.5" pulley with very little with the stage 1/2 42# injectors and a lower rev limit. OTOH, anything above 6300 rpm or so or smaller than a 3.35" pulley definately needs what is described. Furthermore, I simply could not recommend anyone run a tiny pulley off of 60# injectors and a tune only.

·
Likes "Cheese" and "Head"
16,890 Posts
I have to argue the "required" list, as really, the requirements should be listed based off pulley size and max rpm the engine will see.
True. I think this is based off of the stock 3.15" pulley that comes with the TVS.

As we know, someone has run one GMS2 injectors.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
:bigthumb:

Are you liking that LS4 TB anymore/anyless?
tb works fine for me now...took some getting use to it. biggest thing is the more dialed in tune from what I had earlier

·
Banned
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have to argue the "required" list, as really, the requirements should be listed based off pulley size and max rpm the engine will see.
This list is compiled off the "stock" 80mm pulley on the car. I know someone ran 42's. But the average user, won't have the patience to set it up right.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
I guess that's not so bad. You can at least hear it. Its sounds like it's a little bit louder than ours on a stock intake.

1 - 20 of 117 Posts