Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I am diving into this. I just ordered the MOOG RK620898 / RK620897 Lower control arms, which if I understand correctly should have the correct ball joint size to just go right into our steering knuckle.

I also ordered the 08+ cobalt SS AC Delco shocks & struts 506683 / 506684 (struts) / 560582 (shocks)

And the Ion strut mounts MOOG K160012 - cause it seems like I will probably need them.

Should I / do I have to also upgrade the springs? I understand that the shocks and springs might be valved a little off if I don't do something, but I am ok with a somewhat smoother ride. The main thing I am going for it replacing some of the 140K mile suspension components that are starting to show their age.

Is there anything else I really should get "While I'm at it"?

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Well, I am diving into this. I just ordered the MOOG RK620898 / RK620897 Lower control arms, which if I understand correctly should have the correct ball joint size to just go right into our steering knuckle.

I also ordered the 08+ cobalt SS AC Delco shocks & struts 506683 / 506684 (struts) / 560582 (shocks)

And the Ion strut mounts MOOG K160012 - cause it seems like I will probably need them.

Should I / do I have to also upgrade the springs? I understand that the shocks and springs might be valved a little off if I don't do something, but I am ok with a somewhat smoother ride. The main thing I am going for it replacing some of the 140K mile suspension components that are starting to show their age.

Is there anything else I really should get "While I'm at it"?

K750012 end links

1 - 4 of 4 Posts