Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I made a post a few months ago about finding suspension parts. I'm still running into the same issue. I was wondering where I can find a complete stock FE3 assembly set. I tried calling O'Riley's and the didn't have anything, I checked the crate engine with no lucks and rock auto. Help needed lol. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
1,643 Posts
Doing a quick search it doesn't seem as if theyve sold complete assemblies in years. You can buy everything separate it appears. Which may be an issue if you don't have a spring compressor.
Before I bought a spring compressor a local shop charged me $25 to swap the springs over to new units. That was me bringing the struts to them.
May be an option.
If you're close to east texas I wouldn't mind helping you out on that. I have a cheapo hobo freight compressor. Or I work at a dealer, they have one of the big units that are safer. Lmao

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Doing a quick search it doesn't seem as if theyve sold complete assemblies in years. You can buy everything separate it appears. Which may be an issue if you don't have a spring compressor.
Before I bought a spring compressor a local shop charged me $25 to swap the springs over to new units. That was me bringing the struts to them.
May be an option.
If you're close to east texas I wouldn't mind helping you out on that. I have a cheapo hobo freight compressor. Or I work at a dealer, they have one of the big units that are safer. Lmao
I appreciate the help, but I'm in college and taking it a shop to get it fixed would be my best bet. Could I buy everything separate and take it to a shop. Also I was wondering where I could buy everything separate?

·
Super Moderator
1,643 Posts
Crate engine appears to have the struts.
Not sure if you want new springs or not.
And strut mounts/caps are the same as a base model. So really anywhere on those

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Crate engine appears to have the struts.
Not sure if you want new springs or not.
And strut mounts/caps are the same as a base model. So really anywhere on those
I was wondering if you could just send me links to what I should get. I think I can do without the front shocks, but I do need rear struts and lowering springs all around would be nice.

·
Premium Member
2,203 Posts
The FE3 is out of source

Even if advertised they were selling only one (drivers side) - ?

This would most likely mean that they don't have any - anywhere

Best option is to buy another Redline with low miles

I was thinking of doing the crate engine struts too - FE5 cobalt ones

I had the project all planned out

This was before the world changed 2 years ago and they did not respond anyway I tried,

I was disappointed because I was all ready to make the appointment at the shop.

I was told that my struts were leaking 3 years ago at the dealer service

They may have been trying to get me to buy an automatic chevy - my quality of life would be zero

Can you imagine driving an automatic?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts