Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

What do you guys think of it??

I don't like it, I have a new hood on order to replace this one, at the dealerships expense of course :) . I don't understand why they screwed the hood scoop on in the first place.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I don't even know if that hood scoop would belong on there even if it was functional. It really doesn't match any body lines or the hood too well...you got the right idea of having them replace it for you. I'm not a big fan of the huge scoops on top of the hoods. On mustangs, they just look ridiculous, mostly considering that they're non functional. On our hoods, maybe a little slit would do or something smaller, and have it be functional.

·
Super Moderator
4,617 Posts
Saturn Motorsports makes a Carbon Fiber Hood for the Regular QC that will fit with minor modifications.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
The hood on the redline, scoopwise, I think should resemble something Like the grand Am/prix forced air system. 2 slits up front.

As for screwing it on. That's just Lazy.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
dipolley said:
The hood on the redline, scoopwise, I think should resemble something Like the grand Am/prix forced air system.
That might look good, except if you didn't notice, on the Grand Ams, those scoops are fake too. The ram air is through the front grill I believe. Those hoods though just have the plastic 'honeycomb' right up front so no air flow can go through them, just like so many other cars with 'hood scoops' nowadays.... On the grand prixs (older gtx's) hoods, I'm not quite sure if they're functional or not. Haven't looked at any up close.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jpapa said:
That might look good, except if you didn't notice, on the Grand Ams, those scoops are fake too. The ram air is through the front grill I believe. Those hoods though just have the plastic 'honeycomb' right up front so no air flow can go through them, just like so many other cars with 'hood scoops' nowadays.... On the grand prixs (older gtx's) hoods, I'm not quite sure if they're functional or not. Haven't looked at any up close.
In the Grand Am there are plates you can take out to open the holes in the hood up. But they aren't functional as far as getting air into the engine.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Yeah well, that hood is about as functional as our air dam inserts. I wasn't trying to imply that they work, all I was saying is they look good.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I like the look actuall. However my idea would be a carbon fiber one like the do on the SRT4 nothing up in the air a nice indent and if we could get it to push air onto the top of the SC it'll be great

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
yeah brazil that is the style that I would like. Something smoother, more clean looking for our cars and more towards the front of the hood and also outa carbon fiber.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts