Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
I think we're in-depends on my paycheck...

I ran this run 2 Saturdays ago with my club GMEternal-we had a blast! Lots of great footage and pictures! But still kinds ICY in places, we couldnt do our cannonball running like the previous time...

BUT we really gotta watch out for the CHP's!
Ill probably run from the Palmdale side to the La Canada side to get there (quicker from where I am) and warn of any CHPs I see...and the WILL be at least one CHP on ACH-plus the motorcycle clubs run it too!
My first time running it with the club, we got hawked and then followed for like 20+mins by the CHP SUV on my ass as we cruised along:

One of our guys got a ticket last time cause he didnt have his HEADLIGHTS ON! Theres big sign as you start up the hill that says "Headlights required" and below that "strictly enforced" I turned mine one but worried cause our club Prez had one headlight removed for his video camera mount, one of our members ran back down the hill as we lined up for a shoot when we noticed a Sheriff's car in the turn out below us and figured he was waiting for us to start up the hill again, then his lights lit up and we see our buddy in his vette come around the corner and get pulled over in front of us!

And that was just the first 10mins of the cruise!

Oh and one more thing, if we're going up to the cafe up the hill, Newcomb's Ranch-BRING CASH! Our waitress had an attitude last time and said, "I am NOT writing 15 different bills and I am NOT running 15 different CARDS" So we had to buddy up and share the costs...just an FYI...

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
05RedlineGirl said:
I think we're in-depends on my paycheck...

I ran this run 2 Saturdays ago with my club GMEternal-we had a blast! Lots of great footage and pictures! But still kinds ICY in places, we couldnt do our cannonball running like the previous time...

BUT we really gotta watch out for the CHP's!
Ill probably run from the Palmdale side to the La Canada side to get there (quicker from where I am) and warn of any CHPs I see...and the WILL be at least one CHP on ACH-plus the motorcycle clubs run it too!
My first time running it with the club, we got hawked and then followed for like 20+mins by the CHP SUV on my ass as we cruised along:

One of our guys got a ticket last time cause he didnt have his HEADLIGHTS ON! Theres big sign as you start up the hill that says "Headlights required" and below that "strictly enforced" I turned mine one but worried cause our club Prez had one headlight removed for his video camera mount, one of our members ran back down the hill as we lined up for a shoot when we noticed a Sheriff's car in the turn out below us and figured he was waiting for us to start up the hill again, then his lights lit up and we see our buddy in his vette come around the corner and get pulled over in front of us!

And that was just the first 10mins of the cruise!

Oh and one more thing, if we're going up to the cafe up the hill, Newcomb's Ranch-BRING CASH! Our waitress had an attitude last time and said, "I am NOT writing 15 different bills and I am NOT running 15 different CARDS" So we had to buddy up and share the costs...just an FYI...
sweet good info, keep us posted.

·
Registered
10,771 Posts
man... im not sure if i can make it out to this meet. I have work on sunday. how many people have signed up?

...i might be more willing to blow off work, if i knew who was going from here :D

·
Registered
313 Posts
Heres a link to GMEternal's video of our Feb 2nd ACH III run:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJKh2EsDxe4
its the low quality version and shorten to fit on YouTube-but you get the idea!

BTW whos going from SCV? Maybe we could meet up and pre run it on our way over there? Its shorter for me to run it from Palmdale to the meet...Plus I can scope out the conditions

Let me know!

·
Registered
10,771 Posts
im bailing on this meet. cant make it out cause of work. sorry guys...

·
Registered
10,771 Posts
^yea, sorry jimbo. My bos wants to finish this welding project we have. We billed for 100 hours, and its cutting close on the end of the project.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
ok it has been postponed till next sunday, sorry guys, we had to many people drop out from everything from car wrecks to blown motors to work to sickness, so next sunday it is.............now i gotta cancel that reservation at newcombs ranch diner.......

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Kingofthehill said:
damn.. there went my weekend... no stage 2 and no meet...

damn... guess i'll paint my rims.

JOe
sorry joe, we dropped down to less than 9 cars, i had to do it. hopefully next weekend we can have a better turnout. i will be promoting it all next week and try to breath life back into this meet. i really wanna run ACH

21 - 40 of 47 Posts