Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!
I'm finally gonna do my exhaust. I have been thinking about getting it from mandrelexhaustsystems.com. But first I have questions. (I live in SoCal, where it is super sunny and there is very little rain, so I am going with Aluminized instead of stainless.

1. 2.5 or 3 inch?
2. Resonator? No resonator? I dont want my car being extremely loud!!!
3. And WHICH MUFFLER!?!?!?!?!?

thanks a lot everyone!
SaturnRedline!

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
i would suggest considering going zzp and get a system. mandrel bent will be too short the hangers are not the best.

u need a good cat, the longest largest resonator you can get, and a good quality muffler. lsj stock muffler is best for noise control.

u dont need 3 inch. 2.5 gmpp is best bang for the buck. CED.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
im on a budget guys :D

I don't want to surpass 500 bucks.
contact tom at ced gmpp 2.5 inch is listed at 565.00. but thats a cobalt he may be able to do better on a saturn, do your research.

zzp 3 inch is 399.00

zzp will be noisy compared to gmpp but is well priced.

make ur choice:indiffere

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you as far as changing the exhaust. I have to go with Stainless for the snow we get here in the Midwest though.

Let me know what you decide to go with and how well it works, as I'm very interested...

*Edit: Not meaning to jack the thread, but are the MES actually any good?

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you as far as changing the exhaust. I have to go with Stainless for the snow we get here in the Midwest though.

Let me know what you decide to go with and how well it works, as I'm very interested...

*Edit: Not meaning to jack the thread, but are the MES actually any good?
I have had it for over 2years. Sounds great and any issues I had they fixed for me in a timely manner. Were good to deal with.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
You get wat you pay for.....and stainless? Your in the wrong place for cheapness...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Stainless Steel Cat-Back System, Mandrel-Bent: Performance Exhaust Systems &amp Stainless Cat-Back

contact JDP Tyler who's a supporting vendor and he'll give you a discount. few months ago got qutoed just bearly over 500

Okay, I hate to sound like an idiot, but what is CED, I've looked all over and havent been able to find anything, also I typed in GMPP and it came up with protaction plans, but also, do those magnaflow catbacks you linked me sound nice? I've heard that they're very raspy.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks a lot guys, but are the magnaflows and GMPPs really worth so much more than the mandrel bents?? It seems as if the mandrel bent with a borla has a deeper, smoother tone and its's much cheaper.

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
The mandrel bend will need some tlc to make it fit like the GMPP, so I've heard. If you have a cutoff wheel and a welder I wouldn't be too concerned.

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
I have installed a gmpp cat back and it fits well. It was notably smaller than my mes.com 2.5. I road next the the car with the gmpp and it sounded identical to my borla mes.com so I believe the hearsay that the gmpp cutback had borla mufflers. I would not get the gmpp just because it is smaller than stock. The only thing that I needed to mess with when I got my mes.com was the muffler hanger and they sent me an uncut axle pipe because the first was too short. But they sent it right out free of charge.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Thanks a lot guys, but are the magnaflows and GMPPs really worth so much more than the mandrel bents?? It seems as if the mandrel bent with a borla has a deeper, smoother tone and its's much cheaper.
Im putting on my MES.com system this week. (fingers crossed) im thinking about just putting my stock resonator on the system, luckly my brother works at a shop where they do a lot of exhaust work. I'll let you know how it goes. A lot of people bad talk the MES systems but its a good quality stainless. and if you hear tranced video of his fly by, it sounds FANTASTIC.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I love my magnaflow! It sounds good but the drone is a lil much for me thats why im selling mine. I have a few vids on youtube.... xtremeranger95

1 - 20 of 26 Posts