Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man, I've been driving around a black car since Oct. with no tint. I finally went and got it done yesterday. I got 30% on the front and back seat windows and 15% on the back glass. Lifetime warranty and got it done for $150 out the door.

BIG improvement on the overall appearance of the car. Hopefully, I won't have the tint scratching problems I've heard about. I won't know for a few days since I can't roll my windows down until Sunday. :(

I called my dealer a while back and asked to get that fixed so I wouldn't have to get the tint re-done when I finally get it but they told me to get them tinted and if it happens, then they'll do the fix and pay for the tint to be done again. Kinda stupid if you ask me. If it happens, they'll be out an extra $150 instead of just doing it before hand for just the price of the fix.

·
Registered
524 Posts
They won't be out 150 bucks. They'll most likely have their tint guy replace the tint on that window, or what's the worst case scenario, pay 35 bucks a window to get retinted.

Anyways, I'm sure it looks great. I have limo all the way around and it looks so good on black. BTW, I do not have the scratching issue...

Tom

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, what about the lifetime warranty I have on my window tint? I got the best shit that they had. If they let their guy do it, how do I know he's not just gonna use the dyed film instead to save Ole' Satty dealer some money?

That's BS man. I'll tell them I want my window(s) done at the same place if they start to scratch. Afterall, they could have avoided the entire issue by just doing the mod to MAKE SURE it didn't happen when I first asked them to.

I'll bet that limo tint does look sweet. That's what I really wanted but didn't want any hassle from the cops or the state inspection station. I got the sides as dark as Texas law would allow.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haunter said:
dude, if it happens dont let them fix it and take it for warrenty at the place that did it then
But if it DOES scratch, that's not the tint shops fault. It's caused by something underneath the door panel. In order to prevent it from reoccuring constantly, Saturn will have to fix it.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Well I hope you got the name of the person (from that Saturn dealer) who said they'd fix it. If I was you I wouldn't really worry about it. The squeaky wheel is the one that gets oiled, so remember that if a problem does arise.

Nice thing about AZ is that we don't have regular inspections. We just have to go through emissions. Only certain city's officers harass you, and it is a secondary offense so you can't be pulled over just because of it. But yes, it does look great...

Tom

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know the guy well. He's the service manager I was dealing with when I was going through the "leaky tranny" saga. So, he knows me by name as well.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I got the same deal at a local tinting shop near where I work. $160 for life.

To find them, I had a 5-year old yellow pages. Of the 5 local numbers listed, the guy I ended up going to was the only one who was still in business.

So, a lifetime guarantee is only go for as long as they stay in business.

Regarding scratching, the guy told me afterwards that they knew about this problem from previous Ions he'd done. So, he did the replacement automatically.

I have no scratches after 9 months of being tinted.

If your's scratches, then you need to take it back to your lifetime guarantee place and have them re-do it. And keep re-doing it until they fix it so it doesn't scratch.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
JDRedline said:
I got the same deal at a local tinting shop near where I work. $160 for life.

To find them, I had a 5-year old yellow pages. Of the 5 local numbers listed, the guy I ended up going to was the only one who was still in business.

So, a lifetime guarantee is only go for as long as they stay in business.

Regarding scratching, the guy told me afterwards that they knew about this problem from previous Ions he'd done. So, he did the replacement automatically.

I have no scratches after 9 months of being tinted.

If your's scratches, then you need to take it back to your lifetime guarantee place and have them re-do it. And keep re-doing it until they fix it so it doesn't scratch.
I got LLumar film and was told by them that ANY tinting place that uses LLumar will honor the lifetime warranty.

If it does scratch, I'll just take it back to Sunray Tint where I got it done then.

·
Registered
754 Posts
JPK said:
I got LLumar film and was told by them that ANY tinting place that uses LLumar will honor the lifetime warranty.

If it does scratch, I'll just take it back to Sunray Tint where I got it done then.

The tint shop could have put the felt in for you with a modest fee.I am going to get mine done soon maybe the wifey wont notice it and bitch for spending more money.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Chazb said:
The tint shop could have put the felt in for you with a modest fee.I am going to get mine done soon maybe the wifey wont notice it and bitch for spending more money.

A little advice from a fellow married man.................

Seperate bank accounts. :D

·
Registered
703 Posts
I've got the scratching and I bought mine with the tint from the dealer. I just haven't had a chance to go in and see what they could do about it. :mad:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts