Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got my K&N CAI installed and my Torque brace. What a huge differance in traction from a dig, no more damn wheel hop. The K&N makes the S/C sound sick....a good sick that is. Have not had a chance to take it for a good scream yet due to rain.
Thanks to Vita and GoofyGuy for the aforementioned add-ons.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
atwilson said:
any hints or tips or observations during the installations??
Not really, just read the directions through first. And then follow them. And a bit of patience The CAI took about 2 hours. The torque brace took 20 minutes for the REV A install and about 25 for the REV B install.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
Neat. So what style you like better 1 or 2? and 20 mins thats nice.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
goofyguy said:
Neat. So what style you like better 1 or 2? and 20 mins thats nice.
I like Rev A the install was easier and I find it a little more eye pleaseing. I may take it off and paint it up or talk to DaytonaGTS and see if it can be powder coated, and get it done when I get my Valvecovers & Spark plug wire cover done. I also have the Fuel rail cover coming so all together it should look really good.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
atwilson said:
i'm not too clear on the little bit i've read about adjusting the torque brace once it's installed.
was that straight-forward too? or did you just skip over that part? or are you just naturally talented?
hehe...

so you installed it as a REV A, and then switched over to a REV B, (hopefully not in the same day),
do you like the REV B setup?
The adjusting is only really "loading it" so basically you extend it to allow you to get it installed then tighten it down (shorten it) I marked the threads with a sharpie so I could tell how far in or out they were.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
yup that is right. On the hondas its the opposite because of the rotation of the motor. Did you get er done.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts