Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on my way to the store last night and I see this dark grey Mercury Cougar (newer model) pull out onto the street and start to haul ass to catch me. So, I slow down cuz I know he wants to race. Instead of just trying to even up, he blows by me doing about 80. So I punch and catch up with him. By this time we are doing about 95.

I let off a little so as not to pass him yet. He looked over at me and I waved "Bye", floored it and proceeded to quickly pull about 6 cars on him. Looked down and was doing about 125.

At the next light he pulls up next to me, rolls down his window and says, "Is that the supercharged version?" I said, "Yeah". "That thing pulls fucking hard." he said.

"If I had my nitrous hooked up I would have taken you though." was his next comment. I asked him if his car was stock and he shook his head "no". Before I could ask what he had done, the light changed and there were people waiting behind us. We exchanged a thumbs up and drove off.

It was cool to have somebody actually know something about our cars for once. Add another believer to the list.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
do they have a air intake for the red line ? i have a blk ion red line and i am looking for a site or place where i can improve my horsepower and other accessories to my car. so if u could help i would appricate it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
andrefl said:
do they have a air intake for the red line ? i have a blk ion red line and i am looking for a site or place where i can improve my horsepower and other accessories to my car. so if u could help i would appricate it

Welcome to the forum man.

Well, while there are many things in developement for the RL, there's really not much out there right now. We have a header and intake from SCdyne due out soon. Also, intakes from K&N, AEM, Injen. A company named Psi-Fi is also working on a buttload of stuff for our performance. Just hang in there. It's coming soon.

I have an upgraded exhaust w/ magnaflow racing muffler, have removed the stock airbox and replaced the filter with a K&N.

These threads contain some simple mods you can try for now.

http://www.redlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=553&highlight=barry's+intake

http://www.redlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=557&highlight=barry's+intake

http://www.redlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=659&page=1&pp=10&highlight=vaccuum+line
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Saw the Cougar kid again on the road tonight. He didn't wanna go tonight though. Guess he hasn't hooked up his nitrous yet. :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
683 Posts
JPK said:
Saw the Cougar kid again on the road tonight. He didn't wanna go tonight though. Guess he hasn't hooked up his nitrous yet. :p
I had some guy in a Z24 cavi messing with me trying to get me to race, just to stop his constant reving and "jumping" I did, won of course, then his buddy in the passenger seat flips down the passenger side visor and pushes it to the side so I can see it, he had a NOS sticker on it. So the driver asked, "wana race again?" I said sure . . . we did and I still spanked him, he pulled up beside me and made som BS excuse about his bottle being too cold.
What a tool . . . :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
unknownsuperhero said:
I had some guy in a Z24 cavi messing with me trying to get me to race, just to stop his constant reving and "jumping" I did, won of course, then his buddy in the passenger seat flips down the passenger side visor and pushes it to the side so I can see it, he had a NOS sticker on it. So the driver asked, "wana race again?" I said sure . . . we did and I still spanked him, he pulled up beside me and made som BS excuse about his bottle being too cold.
What a tool . . . :rolleyes:


They always have excuses when a Satty whoops their ass. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Anyone out there know what generation & model supercharger is in my Redline? Eaton (I believe) is the maker. I have assumed it's a 45, Or a 62 With prefix letter(s) Depending on the generation, But we all know what an assumption is worth.
Q #2. Is the fog/driving light wiring circuit installed in the (05) Redline? Or am I going to have to start from scratch? Sorry 'bout dumb Q's. GM virgin. Ford guy.
 

·
Superd00d
Joined
·
22,040 Posts
mrnotoo said:
Anyone out there know what generation & model supercharger is in my Redline? Eaton (I believe) is the maker. I have assumed it's a 45, Or a 62 With prefix letter(s) Depending on the generation, But we all know what an assumption is worth.
Q #2. Is the fog/driving light wiring circuit installed in the (05) Redline? Or am I going to have to start from scratch? Sorry 'bout dumb Q's. GM virgin. Ford guy.
Use the search feature in the future, but to quickly answer what I can:

Eaton M62 GenIV (right guys? GenIV?)
I was wondering about the wiring harness as well. Let me know what you find.



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
595 Posts
This is what sucks. Time i get one everyone will know!! All the people i talk to now dont have any idea except one guy at work. I hope they are making them still as i want a new car but will settle for a used one if they quit by then.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
94 Posts
I wish i had a dollar for every time i heard "if i had my nitrous"...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
JPK said:
Welcome to the forum man.

Well, while there are many things in developement for the RL, there's really not much out there right now. We have a header and intake from SCdyne due out soon. Also, intakes from K&N, AEM, Injen. A company named Psi-Fi is also working on a buttload of stuff for our performance. Just hang in there. It's coming soon.

I have an upgraded exhaust w/ magnaflow racing muffler, have removed the stock airbox and replaced the filter with a K&N.

These threads contain some simple mods you can try for now.

http://www.redlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=553&highlight=barry's+intake

http://www.redlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=557&highlight=barry's+intake

http://www.redlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=659&page=1&pp=10&highlight=vaccuum+line

I'm pretty good w/the guys over at Psi Fi Motorsports and have had the chance to get a ride in their project Redline. It is a nice car and they will be coming out w/some REALLY awesome mods for it in the near future. They have a SICK srt4 which should run low 9's or high 8's. I support their products 100% as I have a ton of theirs on my srt4, incl. the e57 T3/T4 turbo upgrade kit. :D
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top