Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 6 days of having my Redline, i finally earned some respect. Everyone's been talking about the only SRT4 in my small town (that I've only seen once or twice before and thought they were just driving through). I've been looking for this car for the last week cause i know the driver isn't the greatest (but the people think he is cause he's got an SRT4). Well, i found him and his buddies sitting up in a parking lot that oversees the bypass that we usually race on, which usually means they're waiting for a challenge. My friend and i went up and just drove right in.

I saw the smile on their faces as soon as i pulled in beside them. They were actually looking for me, so the words got around that there's a new car in town. We talked for a couple minutes, he bugged me to show him what i got under my hood (of course i didnt show him right away), and we saw the only cop on duty drive down the only other main road through town, so we decided it was time. There are approx 2 1/8th+ mi stretches broken up by a stoplight in the middle. We sat at the light, and as soon as it went green, we took off with all our friends watching. I had him by a good half car length through the first 1/8mi at the first light. Second light turned green as we went though the first, so it was pretty much full throttle at that point. He caught up a little, but i had enough room from the jump that he never could have beat me. So now I've been invited to go hang out with them tonight to go over our cars. He doesnt believe that my car is still stock, but we're gonna go out there and check out the SRT4 setup also.

So that's about it. The SRT4 is not unbeatable with a stock Redline. Can't wait to see who else pops up in town that wants to go side by side. Actually I'm waiting for the first ricer run, cause the Redline will look unbeatable after we beat the 'almight RSX' (yeah, there's one of those around home too...it was the fastest car until the SRT4 came along). I think i know who we're looking for tonight or tomorrow :)

·
Registered
535 Posts
nduchene said:
Actually I'm waiting for the first ricer run, cause the Redline will look unbeatable after we beat the 'almight RSX' (yeah, there's one of those around home too...it was the fastest car until the SRT4 came along).
Dont get to Excited. There are some fast RSX-S's out there. This team Im almost on has a type s with intake, exhaust, header, pulley, and ECU and he is running in the 13's. A stock one should be at 190 WHP and that wont de a problem. Some of those RSX's are quick, but we are quicker :D

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
gm3saturn said:
Dont get to Excited. There are some fast RSX-S's out there. This team Im almost on has a type s with intake, exhaust, header, pulley, and ECU and he is running in the 13's. A stock one should be at 190 WHP and that wont de a problem. Some of those RSX's are quick, but we are quicker :D
There are also fast Toyota Corollas out there. He's talking stock to stock, keep that in mind. It's still the way that 90% of cars out there are set up. Lets not get stuck in the 'Hey, my buddy's so-and-so with a T3/4 turbo set up...' We know what can happen with modded cars, and if you wanna go that route have you seen the Cobalt 272? That's what's possible with a Redline of Cobalt SS, without really cracking into the engine. So lets keep it stock to stock like he's talking about. Otherwise it's a never ending circle.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Stock Cars

Yeah. most cars in my area are stock as i dont exactly live in the richest parts. You'll catch you're civic with an exhaust and CAI, but that's about as far as it goes. You'll catch a few older turbo Talons and Eclipses, but as for full turbo setups on anything else, it just doesnt happen. The SRT4 was the first car that everyone was really drooling over in the area, so that was my first target. The fastest car before that was the RSX-S, but once again, no real driving skills there either.

I talked to all these guys at one point about heading down to the autocross track with me, and no one wants to go down. They must only be able to drive in a straight line or something. I actually started to drive autocross to work on reaction time and driving skills. Then the competitave part kicked in and i love doing it now.

And as a little side note, i think i found a couple nice shift points:
1st - 3400 to 3500 (to eliminate wheel hop in 2nd)
2nd - 4500
3rd & 4th - 5800

I know peak hp is only at 5600rpm, but the shift at 5800rpm won't hurt too much and shifting quick enough leaves you around 4000rpm in the powerband to give you a little more spunk for 4th and 5th gear.

I'm going tonight to get the PCM flashed, so i know i'll probably have to learn how to drive again.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
that list is great the lotus at 13.2 man thats not a hard bargin to catch.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Yeah dont worry about RSX type s's. I ran one from a dead stop 4 times prolly about an 1/8th mile and took it everytime by about a half car length and thats when i was running 15.0 flat before my cams. Maybe he could launched better or took top end but it wasnt fast enough to gain on my my torquier car from a stop. Best I have seen them stock at the track is 15.2

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yeah, a punk in a RSX-s attempted to pass me on a street a couple weeks ago, from 30 to 90....RSX-s did not catch up at all...had 3 passengers in my car, he only had his g/f....i would have loved to see the look on her face when a saturn smoked her boyfriend

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
blkredline said:
Yeah, a punk in a RSX-s attempted to pass me on a street a couple weeks ago, from 30 to 90....RSX-s did not catch up at all...had 3 passengers in my car, he only had his g/f....i would have loved to see the look on her face when a saturn smoked her boyfriend

LOL!!!! See my sig. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts