Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I attended my first Auto-X meet this weekend. Weather was cold and wet, kindof shit conditions, but aparently 245 Direzza ZIIs don't care.

This was my first time running. First run of the day was 51.2 Final run of the day was 43.4. This was somewhere in the middle at 44.44 (with a cone) Sorry about the poor quality, don't have any worthwhile onboard camera systems

http://youtu.be/xx8I3jaKj1w

Next one is June 4th. I plan on better runs and <40 second runs on average.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Nice improvement!:bigthumb: Z1 Star Specs were pretty good in the rain, Z2 supposed to be even better....Interesting lot to autox on. Guess I'm lucky the the two main places I go are big enough for 50-60 second courses.

A few things I've learned re: Autox

Look ahead
Smooth is fast
Flatten out the arc whenever possible to carry more speed
Slow in, fast out
Focus on a good clean run first, then find areas to improve. Fast doesn't matter if you hit a cone (2 seconds is a BIG penalty to make up)
The two most important gates/turns on a course are the ones immediately before and after the longest straight area.

Nice job!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Drox!

Yeah I'm doing a lot of further research to improve my next time out.

I remember the days when I was bugging powell about cages (still planning on one) and looking like a ricer lol... I feel like this trip out has really put things in perspective for me & perhaps legitimized my efforts. I understand now WHY i want the things I want and realize that my power right now is more than I need... by a lot.

I appreciate you guys continuing to help me out with wheel tire decisions & such even after I made myself look like a noob lol.

So hopefully now I can join in with some more legit conversation on here instead of lurking & only opening my mouth to sound ridiculous :)

Anyways... June 4th is coming... I need to get plasti-dip off of these BRAND NEW tsw 17x8s... dropped one on its face right off the bat too... not been good to them lol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts