Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feb 3 Jackson Dragway opens up for its first test and tune night and i cant wait to go, if there is anyone in the SC/GA area and wants to race im all for the challange

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
o i will i dont think that the numbers will be that great because it will be my first time really driving a non automatic car at the track and i am not very good only been doing it for 2 mths now and i am still learning stuff

·
Registered
609 Posts
Wurd to that bro! Its my first manual and i didnt do too good at the track my first time.. But i will have a new time on dec 10th i can tell you that much!

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
ive been playing with this problem since i got the car..the best way ive found is reving up to about 4000 rpm and keep it there for about a second or two...then the clutch out at a medium-fast speed but DONT pop it. then let it out and then floor it..in second you can shift fast or let off a little to elimnate wheel hop and spin..if u do it right u dont mess your clutch up that bad..but sometimes if you over rev u will smell your clutch..not good..

·
Registered
391 Posts
so u got any numbers navy, hopefully you ran some runs with and without the mod like you said. but dont worry about the e.t i wanna see some 98-100 mph's

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sorry guys it was ranning here today now luck again

·
Registered
808 Posts
navymitch12 said:
sorry guys it was ranning here today now luck again
man if your name was army or marine mitch you would have got it done. lol lol

·
Registered
609 Posts
The best way to launch these beasts is to get it to about 2k, then very smoothly let out of the clutch , fast but controlled . The whole time giving it just a little bit of gas all the way. Ive perfected it and now i dont even get wheelspin usually just a really hard jurk and im off. And when i shift into 2nd, i like to kinda hesitate letting out the clutch, not even a second long, just enough to keep it from boggin out with that "supercharger lag" we get. And if you do the that little trick, it will put you in your seat without all the spin and rpm loss. I had alot of time to practice and alot of ppl helping me and this is what works best for me. I have alot of DSM friends who are used to FWD launching so they really knew what was best. Now im confident i will put down a good time at the track. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts