Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow my first kill. I'm so proud. Especially since I'm still trying to perfect my stick driving capabilities. :)

Stopped at a light in the left lane on a 2 lane rd (right lane turns into an on ramp to NB expressway only) A 2004/5 GrandPrix GT pulls up in that lane. I'm not an idiot, I know most people are NOT heading north bound in that lane - they try to fly around the cars in the left lane and cut in front of them. I'm watching the light, waiting, already in gear and letting up on the clutch, giving gas to make sure I don't stall out. Light changes, I go and hear the GrandPrix floor it. So I give more gas and quickly shift to 2nd, floor it and by the time I hit 3rd I am at least 4-5 car lengths ahead. So much for trying to cut in front of me!! :D

I couldn't believe it. An amature like me beating an all mighty GrandPrix. hahahaha. It was probably stock but did have all the windows tinted and a few other cosmetic modifications so who knows.

Now my husband is a much better driver and has beaten many things that thought they could toy with a Saturn. But this is a first for me and I'm so proud.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Good one.

I must warn you.....they'll be here soon to tell you that there is no way you could have beaten a Grand Prix. :)

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hahahaha well they can say what they want. I did it and I'm still a little green with a manual. I heard his engine, I heard him floor it right when the light changed and I still beat him by at least 4 cars....

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Well, in all fairness, he may have backed off when he realized he couldn't get past you, but at least he knows that your little Saturn is NOT one to be pushed around. :D You'd have beat him either way if he was stock though. :p

·
Registered
196 Posts
a Grand Prix GT is not that fast....I dont know what the hp is on them now but my mom has a 98 model and it only pushes 180hp....its a heavy car too

·
Registered
810 Posts
you wont get blamed for this one. i beat a newer gtp by A LOT. good kill none the less

·
Registered
535 Posts
Why is it that when ever some one posts a kill, some one else has to put a better one on the same thread? Congrats on the run. All you need to do know is get some one from a light with a good clear road ahead.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts