Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought an 05 ION 1 brand new cuz the Redline was too much, had it until last year, best car I've ever owned. Finally got an 06 Redline Comp Package which has not been loved at all, they even got rid of the RL rims. Needs new...everything. Suspension is first, I'm reading the Cobalt SS front struts (FE5) and rear shocks are the way to go. Wondering what sites are best for RL parts.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,532 Posts
Welcome!
Crate engine depot, zzp, and o t t p
Are generally my go to for parts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!
It's a nightmare to find anything for the RL, when I had my ION1 I was gunna Mad Max it and there were aftermarket sites galore. I can't even find tail lights I want now. I'm actually trying to lift it a little cuz the speed bumps at the border are more like curbs and it bottoms out.

·
Super Moderator
1,532 Posts
Yikes. Base model suspension will lift it up quite a bit. Should help. I haven't been to the border yet, so I dont really know. But if its anything like the rest of Texas. Its bad. Lmao

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When I moved to south Texas I thought the roads were bad. Then I moved to Mexico and I missed the south Texas roads. They remind me of Chicago streets. I'm looking at Moog or Monroe strut packages, any thoughts on either?

·
Super Moderator
1,532 Posts
Chicago is pretty bad. Only visited once. Haha
New orleans is a nightmare. Lived there for years.
Id say Monroe if going with base stuff. Moog just isnt what it used to be

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When I went to NOLA I had a Sport Trac 4x4, didn't notice the roads so much. One of my top 5 cities ever tho. I'll dig the Monroe struts. Thanks for your input.

·
Super Moderator
1,532 Posts
Ahh currently wanting a 4x4 as a daily. But yea. That would make the roads not so crappy feeling

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a 93 Yukon that's all redone, the Redline became my daily because the truck only gets 7mpg.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts