Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He got me going 82 in a 55. When he came up to the car he asked what the radar was for. I told him what does it matter, I am sitting on the side of the highway with you, so I got to get a better one. It's funny how fast you can put your seat belt on when you see the cop pull out for ya! There goes the loot for my new mesh grill. I hate pigs! :mad:

Moral -

82mph

55mph limit

27 over = $170.00

How many have you guys got so far? :confused:

·
Registered
122 Posts
You hate pigs, yet you're driving around at 82 mph without a seatbelt?

I'll refrain from ranting.

·
Registered
762 Posts
LoL, atleast when I was going as fast as I was **cough125cough** I had my belt on! It's always on especially since I almost died in a car accident once about 3 years ago. That belt is on everytime I get in the car. Sometimes I'll forget but only for like a min and I'll stop pull over and put it on. Anyway WEAR A DAMN SEATBELT!! I hate cops to by the way hahahaha

·
Registered
122 Posts
D3XXFR said:
LoL, atleast when I was going as fast as I was **cough125cough** I had my belt on! It's always on especially since I almost died in a car accident once about 3 years ago. That belt is on everytime I get in the car. Sometimes I'll forget but only for like a min and I'll stop pull over and put it on. Anyway WEAR A DAMN SEATBELT!! I hate cops to by the way hahahaha
Good boy. ;)

It amuses me how many people hate cops, but whenever you need a cop, they'll always be there. I'm engaged to a cop and will soon be going into the force myself, so I see both sides of things. Yeah, it sucks a LOT to get pulled over, but they do it for a reason. And cops are a lot nicer than most people think. For every ticket issued, that cop probably gives out about ten warnings. Most traffic stops are ones just to let you know you have a light out, etc. And don't forget that that cop that pulled you over is also the one that helps keep drunk drivers far away from you.

One day, you'll appreciate cops, I have faith in that. :)

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
i got a ticket for 30 over, and i relly dont blame the cop for giving it to me infact i thank him for not writing me a ticket for what i was doing, i know they can be annoying but really kat is rite we need them. They are just doing there job dont hate the cop hate the law you were breaking when u got pulled over

(i was going 130 and racing on the highway)... could have gotten destroyed with tickets

·
Registered
157 Posts
I got mine last night, 64 in a 50. The pig told me the next ticket I get, I lose my license becouse he told me I have 10 points now. Well, I done some searching and here in West Virginia. The points from a ticket stays on your record for 2 years and anything over 12 points you loose your lincense for 30 days. I have only had 1 ticket in that time and it was a 2 pointer and with the one I got last night was 3 points. If I know my math that's 5 points. So if i were to flee from an officer and get 8 points the next time I could get my license removed (8+5=13). But I wouldn't do that I guess he assumed I was going to, what an a$$. I think he should have made himself a little more clear!
And for the keeping drunk drivers away for you. Well, one time a underage drunk driver pulled out in front of me and I hit him (his fault). Took the cops over and hour to get there and they said nothing about the beer bottles in the truck. And just give him a warnning for some BS thing. I could go on and on about how the law has screwed me and let other go, but I guess that's just my luck!

·
Registered
327 Posts
redlineblue said:
27 over = $170.00
I remember when 27 over was $170! A couple years ago they gave the tickets a HUGE bump. 27 over is probably close to $400.

Funny thing is, they made the fines so high EVERY cop gives you 10 over ($75).

D3XXFR said:
WEAR A DAMN SEATBELT!!
I second this. If I had a 5-point harness in my car, I'd wear it. :)
Watch a little racing. Every level of racing from karts to NASCAR to F1 uses a harness. Accidents are a necesary evil of racing (and all driving), you might as well live to race another day.

And, hey, you bought those Recaro seats to keep you in tight, didn't you?

violakat03 said:
It amuses me how many people hate cops, but whenever you need a cop, they'll always be there.
Yay cops!
(trying to get rid of some of my anti-cop points ;))

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Yea well I've ben pulled over about 20 times in the past couple years. Most cops are nice, but some arent. Alot of the anti-police opinion is just out of ignorance. I did get a ticket in my Redline though, and that cop was a jerk. Apparently his radar somehow went around the big behemoth expedition in front of me and clocked me doing 40 in the 25. It's funny though, when he was reprimanding me he told me that I "was doing 40, possibly even more." What the hell? I guess I could have protested it, but it wouldn't have been worth the time and money. I just took traffic school.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I got a ticket for doing 55 in a 30 on my favorite twisty back road (no cars except the cop hiding in the bushes).

Considering I hit the brakes when i saw him and he didn't get me doing 70 in a 30 i'm lucky.

I can't say I dislike the cop who stopped me. He was professional and told me it was a "good try" but I saw him too late. The guy was doing his job: he clearly observed me willingly breaking the law and cited me for it.

I was driving like an idiot and got dinged for it. plain and simple. All I'm saying is don't blame a cop for pulling you over when you're clearly doing something wrong just because you USUALLY dont get pulled over for doing it. If the cop is being a dick about it or giving you a hard time, thats a different story. Every ticket I've ever gotten the guy who wrote it was professional, nice or even sympathetic.

One time the guy actually told me all about how he'd been to traffic school 5 times already (this guy is a cop so I can only imagine how fast he must have been driving) so he cant go any more. Funny stuff.

If you're cool about them nailing you they'll usually shave a few mph off the ticket to save you some $$ too.

·
Registered
16 Posts
redlineblue said:
He got me going 82 in a 55. When he came up to the car he asked what the radar was for. I told him what does it matter, I am sitting on the side of the highway with you, so I got to get a better one. It's funny how fast you can put your seat belt on when you see the cop pull out for ya! There goes the loot for my new mesh grill. I hate pigs! :mad:

Moral -

82mph

55mph limit

27 over = $170.00

How many have you guys got so far? :confused:
Hey man, if your short of cash and want a Red Line Vue grill, I can hook you up cheap. I really don't need it anymore. It's brand new, I had two. Sold one to GaRsNoW. Let me know if interested.

Chris

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
I don't know about where you guys live, but there's no one keeping drunk drivers off the road here. I watch 30+ of them leave the bar every weekend, right next to the cop shop, and 2 of them have ever gotten pulled over. They just get the ones that were lucky to have gotten into their cars, or hit someone after they do. The last time I needed one was when my car got broken into, took 3 hours to get there and was the rudest bastard out there. Told me it was my own damn fault for having a nice stereo setup and tinted windows. Wouldn't even report it as burglary, only as 'trespassing in a motor vehicle', when I asked the insurance people what that meant, they told me 'he's saying you left your doors unlocked, so there's no forced entry'. Yet the window was broken, the steering column was broken and the stereo was ripped out of the dash. Took $1,100 to put it back together and I had to argue with the insurance company the whole way. Since burglary and trespassing are very different in their eyes. It didn't help that I basically lived in a ghetto and the cops really couldn't care less about what happened to us that had no choice but to live there.

I know they're not all like that, I've just had a few REAL bad experiences. I was also yanked out of a car and slammed on a hood with a gun in my face because our car 'resembled some armed burglary suspects', and I had reached in my lap to put my smokes on the dash. I've also known a couple, one in Florida that I developed a good relationship with, and the whole village where I live now has some real good guys on it. Lots of warnings, lots of 'watch it next time buddy', and they talk to you like a regular person. I think it's just those damn southern cops. They're rough to deal with, IMO.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Tbone said:
One time the guy actually told me all about how he'd been to traffic school 5 times already (this guy is a cop so I can only imagine how fast he must have been driving) so he cant go any more. Funny stuff.

If you're cool about them nailing you they'll usually shave a few mph off the ticket to save you some $$ too.
LOL, cops are the worst about speeding! They think they can get away with it. :p My fiancé has been pulled over three or four times since he became a cop a year and a half ago. Hasn't gotten a ticket, but got a stern talking to by one of his superiors for it. If he's out of jurisdiction (luckily so far he's only been pulled over in the city he works in), he's less likely to get out of it. And if a statie pulls a local cop over - forget it. They hate each other. A statie would be more likely to say "oh, you're a cop? In that case, reckless driving, racing..." and come up with 12 more tickets. ;)

·
Registered
595 Posts
I dont hate cops but i get alot of shit because of the time i go to work. 2 am Not so much anymore since i take the highway for the past few years, only been pulled over once and didnt get anything. I have one ticket for 65 in a 55 back in 02 when i had my 95 v-6 stang pull me over red. But when i had my 83 red stang..4 banger but it looked like it had more..i got pulled over once every 2 weeks no joke by the sheriff and local town cops. I was 18 and going to work back then same time and they had nothing better to do, always made up some bullshit story why they pulled me over. Once i got pulled over and had 2 sheriffs and 4 local town cops all block me off like i was a fugitive. Come to find out someone ran from the sheriff earlier in the night and the description of the car was dark and had foglights..WTF tons of cars do but since i was 18 and had a stang they chose me. Well i had to sit there til the sheriff that had had someone run from him got there. Well he was the same guy pulled me over a few weeks back so he knew i was on my way to work so he let me go. Made me late and almost lost my job that thankfully i still have now, had i lost it i wouldnt be where i am today. The cops wouldnt even write me anything or call my work when i asked them too to prove thats why i was let..they just said get out of here!!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
and I had reached in my lap to put my smokes on the dash
Well, as the brother of a police officer, I can see why you got a gun to your head for reaching into your lap. My opinion, not a good thing to do, especially if it was at night.

·
Registered
556 Posts
violakat03 said:
.... Most traffic stops are ones just to let you know you have a light out, etc....
There are no such traffic stops in Los Angeles.

You'd be blown away with how many cars have broken lights, no lights or taped up lights out here.

If I recall, (at the time, I had only been driving for 4 years, but didn't even own a car back in Pittsburgh) but I think cars needed an inspection of such simple basic functions as lights.

Here in Los Angeles, you only have to make sure your car is not a smog-producer.

·
Registered
122 Posts
No inspections in Ohio about lights (only emissions), but the cops will pull you over. My brother was stopped for a broken headlight (only given a warning - he didn't know it was out, so he appreciated the stop), I've been stopped for no license plate lights (mine have purple paint on them from whatever idiot painted the car and didn't know how to tape things off, so they're hard to see but are there) and only got a warning also. I know plenty of people who have been stopped for missing headlights or taillights. Usually it's a quick "did you know you're headlight's out?" stop and you're out of there within 5 minutes, which is nice.

·
Registered
157 Posts
jonboy said:
I can see why you got a gun to your head for reaching into your lap. My opinion, not a good thing to do, especially if it was at night.
That's why when I get pulled over (day or night) I just sit there and wait. Don't give them any reason to wonder what you did. I use to reach for my registration and insurance card in the glove box. But then I realized that's a dumb.....well, stupid thing to do.

·
Registered
122 Posts
daveRL said:
That's why when I get pulled over (day or night) I just sit there and wait. Don't give them any reason to wonder what you did. I use to reach for my registration and insurance card in the glove box. But then I realized that's a dumb.....well, stupid thing to do.
And that's exactly what you're supposed to do. :) If you have power windows, roll your windows down BEFORE the cop reaches your car, also. That way they have a clear view inside the car and can see exactly what you're doing. Especially if you have dark tint! They appreciate little things like this and if you're nice to them and follow all the rules, they'll usually be nice to you.

In other words - don't reach for ANYTHING before they get to the car. If you can reach your window switches while you're coming to a stop, roll them down, then put your hands on the steering wheel in plain view. Wait until the officer gets to the car and asks you for your license and registration before you go fishing for your wallet or in your glovebox.

·
Registered
305 Posts
violakat03 said:
...I know plenty of people who have been stopped for missing headlights or taillights. Usually it's a quick "did you know you're headlight's out?" stop and you're out of there within 5 minutes, which is nice.
UNLESS you are from MI and get pulled over by an Ohio cop...hehe Then its a little more than a warning and definately more than just 5min :D

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
jonboy said:
Well, as the brother of a police officer, I can see why you got a gun to your head for reaching into your lap. My opinion, not a good thing to do, especially if it was at night.
In retrospect I don't blame him one bit, but at the time I was like 15, and him fearing for his life never entered my mind. Although, when he got to the car, and realized that we weren't 3 middle aged latino's, (which was the report, no racism there), he could have calmed down just a little. I mean there were like 4 other cars and almost 10 cops. I know, I could have shot him and he can't take that chance. When you've never even seen a handgun in your life before, and suddenly there is a LARGE one with the barrel about 12 inches from your face and a finger on the trigger, it's a little 'nerve-racking', to say the least.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts